Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSA: Turn clocks ahead tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA: Turn clocks ahead tonight!

Don't forget to turn 'em forward tonight before bed. More specifically 2am local time becomes 3am. Unless of course you're outside the US or in one of the rare areas of the US that doesn't follow this silly custom.

Don't tell me how to live my life. No kidding, I have a lifelong friend who refuses to adjust his watch to DST. He's a 2nd generation Italian American and calls DST "guvamint boosh!t". He says he gets up when it gets light, eats when he gets hungry, and goes to bed when it gets dark and he's sleepy. I told his sister she should write a book of "Tonyisms" as he's equal parts Mark Twain, Will Rogers, and Forrest Gump. It works for him as he's a very successful excavating contractor, as well as a very good man and friend.
    Last edited by CaptainMike; March 7, 2020, 02:40 PM.

Comment

I have to think about it. I sorta got used to this time, this time. Call it what you may, dancin to a differnt drummer, whatever. I’ll let ya’ll know if I want to change.

Comment

• Mark V
        Mark V commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure I wanna know what you are gonna do!

Fortunately, or perhaps not, I don’t have to remember to set anything...they all take care of themselves.

Comment

Good my car radio will finally show the right time.

Comment

Just more persistent foolishness, despite talk of ceasing this every stupid time! 🙄

Comment

Then come a month+ into deer season, and BAM!! Now you gotta get up an hour earlier to beat the sun.

Comment

Instead of bouncing back and forth 1 hour can' t we just meet in the middle at 30 min and leave it alone?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                Logic doesn't prevail all the......"time."

• CaptainMike
                CaptainMike commented
                Editing a comment
                Now that's just crazy talk.

And then there's the alleged native American proverb that states "Only the white man cuts a foot off the bottom of a blanket and sews it to the top to make it longer"

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                I just need a blanket that quits rotating in my sleep and putting the tag in my face.

Indiana only started observing Day Light Savings Time about 15 years ago.... I miss that.....

Comment

Really wish we’d quit changing time. Permanent DST works...just ask Arizona!

Comment

No DST here in AZ (except on the Navajo Nation). However, I still have to pay attention since the alarm clock I have changes automatically and doesn’t have a way to disable it.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                    HawkerXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Its called a hammer.

• synodog
                    synodog commented
                    Editing a comment
                    HawkerXP Touché

For much of my life I lived in South Dakota. If you think DST is crazy, try a state where the time changes halfway across. Easter half of the state relates to Iowa and Minnesota, the western half relates more to Colorado and Montana.

Oh well, tomorrow morning when I give the benediction we'll find out how many members forgot to change their clocks.

Comment

• Steve R.
                    Steve R. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We have that in KY, and I live maybe 20 minutes east of the Central time zone. And the line kind of meanders haphazardly. I can drive 30 minutes straight south and be in Central time.

On the plus side, for the next week or so, my dog is going to love me even more as I'll be feeding her an hour earlier than she expects. Of course, that is balanced by the week in the fall when she thinks I'm neglecting her.

Comment

We have this silliness known as DST in Sweden too, but to make things complicated we change 3 or so weeks ahead/behind you Americans (can't remember who switches first). I'm not a big fan. Luckily though the EU just stipulated that we can all cancel it, so I look forward to 2020 beinng the last year with DST.

Comment

• FireMan
                      FireMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sweden’s crazy too huh?

• Henrik
                      Henrik commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Unfortunately yes

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  Rubs Promo
                  Meat-Up in Memphis