Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Woke Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Woke Culture

The woke culture has now really, really gone too far. Only put vegetables on their bbq? Isn't that treason? This is from some forum for Berkeley residents. SMH.

Don't think any comment is necessary.

Comment

Had to edit myself...be nice, be nice

Comment

Kinda wish I lived there, smoker or grill bellowing with a fan blowing in their direction. It would smell so good.

Comment

This can't be real, can it? Just inviting people to be contrary.

Comment

• pkadare
            pkadare commented
            Editing a comment
            JCGrill - unfortunately it is real. There is a Twitter account, @Best of Nextdoor, that tweets weird and wacky things they find and that are reported to them from various local community groups and forums. They also have a Facebook group. Some of the thing that get posted there are a riot. A recent one as an example from Allen, TX.:
            Apologies to anyone who might have just witnessed a lady running down an alley in her underwear yelling Bologna. My doggy escaped and I PANICKED.

All I can say is Hank Williams said it best

BTW pkadare you mis-spelt Berserkely as us Bay Area locals called it. Or the Peoples Republic of Berkeley. Either way, they preach 'freedom' and practice 'control'.

Comment

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea a few years ago Berserkely banned mean/hateful thoughts. I'm not to cross the city limits there ever.

• Sam6687
            Sam6687 commented
            Editing a comment
            ComfortablyNumb , great tune.

• ComfortablyNumb
            ComfortablyNumb commented
            Editing a comment
            Sam6687 Thanks, Guy Clark is my favourite songwriter.

I'm guessing the perpetrator will never join the Pit...

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
            Editing a comment
            I have no doubt s/he would join the Pit.....over at AmazingBroccoli.com

Run somewhere else

Comment

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            pkadare One man's trigger is another man's turn on. Just saying!

• pkadare
            pkadare commented
            Editing a comment
            Dewesq55 apparently my attempt at trigger humour was in turn a trigger for someone else. Which I get and I'm not complaining about.
            Last edited by pkadare; February 29, 2020, 10:38 AM.

• tenphases
            tenphases commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol im a Marine/Combat Vet
            brother we dont trigger that easily. But enough with that BS im looking forward to your next Brisket, im about to post a pic of my new baby girl, the future Mrs Brisket USA, check it out if you get the chance

All I can say is “keep on running”

Comment

Animals ARE plant based food. We don't smoke carnivores as a general rule.

Comment

Pretty amazing, but I know some people that are kind of like that. Not to that extreme though.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                Editing a comment
                Actually that one wasn't that extreme, at least s/he would tolerate people cooking meat, just wants the windows closed. I've seen ones who have no problem getting in others faces, or those who think their cause is so important that it gives them the right to disrupt others lives

It's Berkeley. And that account specializes in posting the funniest, most silly crap.

Comment

I don’t know. I get offended when a neighbor’s BBQ smells better than mine. I just haven’t pinpointed what neighbor it is. Maybe your post will get me to to take up jogging to find out.

Comment

This "woke" culture has my brain spinning. Where has all the common sense gone? I could be petty and point out that their tone, sweating body and scampering feet outside my window offend my sense of 'out-of-shapeness' and clothing choices. So could you please run on a treadmill in your home? ( I know, stupid right?)

OK, I had said a whole lot more and then just deleted it. It's not going to change anything anyway. I guess I'm getting old and feel out of touch with the new "don't touchy my feelings culture."

Keep smoking my friends, and if you are ever in the hills of NC the BBQ is hot and ready to go. Drop on by anytime!

Comment

Hey, vegan baby...…………

Click image for larger version

Name:	offended tissue.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	809705

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    Rubs Promo
                    Meat-Up in Memphis