Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free "Beer" for Everyone on Feb 29th!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free "Beer" for Everyone on Feb 29th!

Miller is giving everyone (in the US) a free 24 pack of Miller Lite (hence the quotes around Beer in the title) on Feb 29th to celebrate Leap Day. Apparently the only catch is that you have to first purchase the 24 and then submit for reimbursement. On Friday, you need to go to either Miller's Instagram or Twitter feed to scan a QR code which will take you to a site where you can upload a scanned copy of your receipt. It appears that you'll need a PayPal account to have the money deposited. I also imagine that your receipt needs to be dated 2/29.

That's an awful lot of work for "beer"

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed, though one thing I've learned here is that everyone has different tastes. Who am I to criticize someone who likes "beer"? :-)

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think it's much work. Buy a case if beer, scan a qr code, fill out an online form. Easy.

So their buying your info for 15 bucks? Can’t they just get it for free like FB and Google? Likely they’ll gain some customers too I guess.

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Seeing as the price for a 24 of Miller Lite bottles up here in the home of universal medicare is $42.95.
      Many will be jumping on this bandwagon.
      I don't do Instagram or Twitter either so I'm out unless one of the kids will get the refund for me.

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      smokin fool - you apparently missed the "US only" in my post.

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      pkadare Opps, what a dolt....yes I did miss that....I really gotta start reading things....
      Actually I am good as reading, understanding, not so much....apparently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mnBmfimpNY

Comment

• ScottyC13
      ScottyC13 commented
      Editing a comment
      I miss those ads! One of the funniest ad campaigns ever.

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      Tastes great!

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Less Filling!

Miller? Not worth the effort...

Comment

Not warm enough to mow the lawn.

Comment

Meh. I have not purchased a Miller Light in at least 30 years. I've had one a couple of times, when it was the only thing available at someone's house or such. I used to go boating with a guy who loved it too. But, meh. Might as well drink water or iced tea, and I would probably enjoy them more!

My wife is into Michelob Ultra right now, and had me buy her some "Bud Light Seltzer" the other day. I'll just keep drinking beers that have flavor and actually taste like beer... these days, I pretty much only drink beer I made myself (4 kegs on tap right now), or locally brewed craft beer wherever I go. If neither are available, I'll fall back to Anchor/Sierra Nevada or Sam Adams as a last resort at most restaurants.

Comment

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          jfmorris I tried my hand at brewing a few years ago with another buddy. I really enjoyed it, but you're right, there's a lot of heavy lifting. We worked our way up to using old 15.5 gal. Budweiser kegs along with a pulley system to lift the damn things. It got to be a lot of work and there are a few local breweries that have popped up and their prices aren't much more than what we were spending on supplies, so we hung it up. I would start up again on my own, but I don't have the space.

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          I still have my 5 gal setup, so maybe I will brew a batch or two this summer to get ready for fall and maybe Christmas.

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Craigar I took have a lot of local breweries and brew-pubs, several owned by friends. However, at $5 or $6 per pint, my cost of $20-40 per 5 gallon keg, depending on the recipe, is still at $0.50 to $1 per 16 ounce pint. I use a keggle for my main boil pot too, even when just doing 5 gallons versus 10, and a 60 quart cooler as a mash tun, but use gravity to drain, and recently acquired a brew pump that I plan to put to good use to avoid lifting more than a carboy into the fermentation fridge.

I'm in for one.

Comment

If something is "free", that means YOU are the product.

Comment

But...Friday is the 28th

Comment

• pkadare
              pkadare commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, got the date correct in the body of the post, can't edit the title however. :-)

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              On February 29, Miller Lite will post a QR code to its Instagram and Twitter accounts. You have to scan the code, so you'll need to use a computer or someone else's phone. The code will take you to a site where you can submit a receipt for a 24-pack of Miller Lite purchased on Leap Day. The cost of your case will be refunded to your PayPal account.

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Saturday.

I edited it to read Feb 29th instead of Friday .

Easy work for free beer if you ask me.

Comment

• pkadare
              pkadare commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Huskee

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm a big proponent in free beer. Light isn't my fave, but free is. Nate

• Craigar
              Craigar commented
              Editing a comment
              If you're going to count calories, Guinness is my favorite light beer. I'm sure Mr. Bones would agree.

Why is there never free Scotch?

Comment

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              I would be all in for that!

I’ve read it’s only the first 5,000 people will get the free case.

Comment

Not sure I'll sign up for a free case, but I definitely have and will be thinking of the people who work their. I'm originally from Milwaukee and have family and friends who work at Miller. That community is going through a really difficult time since yesterdays activities.

Comment

Looks like they canceled the promotion.

Click image for larger version

Name:	W4Flaht.png
Views:	134
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	809753

Comment

• 58limited
                  58limited commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I saw that yesterday. Sad situation, I fully understand.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis