Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a WEEK!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a WEEK!!

Boy, I have not had a chance to stop. between putting in the bees, getting them settled (and I have to visit them, today), taking delivery of my straw bales for the garden and making a batch of meat pies to bribe the local firemen, then, yesterday, I went on a frying jag. if it was close enough to grab, it went into the deep fry.

I made potato chips and, as I have mentioned before, I tried making potato chips with BBQ lard. well, that was a plus, minus affair. because the lard has a lower smoke point, I could not make many chips and the ones I made were very greasy. so, we won't use the lard for this,. next time. but, the chips had a nice bite top them. maybe for BBQ chips in the future, I'll sauté some rub spices in canola oil and use that to flavor the oil. then, top off the bbqchips with the spice only portion of the rub, not bad if you like BBQ chips.

meanwhile, I also took several flour tortillas and cut them into very small triangles, like the tortilla chip-s triangles and fried them. not bad at all. but their ultimate destiny is to be part of the White Trash I am making later today.

Lastly, I par fried a batch French fries. they are the VERY best if you cook them for about 3 minutes, then take them out and let then completely cool, or even refrigerate them. then, take them out as you want them and fry a batch as you like. when frying a few for dinner for one or two people, I just put some oil in a saucepan and fry those few fries there. this creates the perfet, meaty/fluffy on the inside, crunchy on the outside fry.

And so, for dinner, it was leftover BBQ and French fries!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fried flour tortilla and BBQ chips.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	80585 Click image for larger version

Name:	potato chips.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	80586 Click image for larger version

Name:	dinner.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	216.4 KB
ID:	80587

Yummy. I should only have 2-3 hours of grass cutting left, that pretty much sums up my week.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    Rubs Promo
    Meat-Up in Memphis