Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name 1 or more things you enjoy about this forum..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name 1 or more things you enjoy about this forum..

1./ The level of expertise is outstanding here. Someone posts a question and is answered by some top notch bbq guru's on the forum. I have spent a little time on facebook groups where someone asks a legit question and many posters with absolutely no idea chime with terrible responses. Note: (Newbies don't hesitate to chime in and participate here though).

2./ Mostly home cooks or chefs here, not too much comp guys or girls. (I would rather cook for family or friends or a crowd than chisiling a $800 brisket down to fit into a polystyrene box.)

What your thoughts??

Ahumadora posts.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Kidding aside, your #1 is also mine.

I love that 99% of the time there is no drama, no jerks, no real pissing contests, etc. Just a bunch of people trying to help each other out. Very rare to find in most online communities.

Comment

• snowswamp
      snowswamp commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. I love the support. The criticism is constructive providing solutions and encouragement. There is little if any posturing to be the “best”. It really allows those with knowledge to share it openly and those without knowledge to learn without fear.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Mainly we just have a culture of respecting each other here. Goes a long way toward good stuff!

I too agree with Ahumadora on both counts. To add to that, it's also nice if you think you're in a BBQ emergency there's always someone who can bail you out just about in real time.

Also, no social media meanness and drama.

Comment

I like everything about this forum, or perhaps more aptly put, this community. I agree with the posts so far, I like that everyone here is allowed to have an opinion on how they prefer to do something and there is constructive discussion about it instead of name calling or character assassinations. There are always people around to help from afar when your cook goes awry. I like seeing what other people are cooking and being inspired to try new things. On the negative side....... it’s expensive. And I’m not talking about the membership fees........ I’m talking about MCS. lol.

Comment

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        You've got the expensive right.

All the above and more. A great sense of humor! Able to laugh at ourselves and with each other. I've asked a number of real dumb questions and they were answered appropriately.

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the good natured wise cracking.

The incredible amount of knowledge that is shared by good folks near and far. This group is legit and everyone is welcomed.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        The secret is what we don't know we make up convincingly!

There is a refreshing level of humility here that is rare on forums. We're all here learning together, and nobody should be afraid to ask a question.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not like I have a choice when it comes to humility, last time I tried bragging about something I never heard people laugh so hard!

I suppose I'm glad I haven't been kicked out of here. Well, yet....

Comment

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been meaning to talk to you. I threw the short straw.😜

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahaha, you and me both!

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        You glad and Im surprised ;-)

I’m way new to the forum but I have to say the pictures. BBQ is, without a doubt, the most photogenic food and pics of our masterpieces (and misses) should be shared for all to salivate over 🤤

Comment

Great gobs of help, a notable lack of jerks.

Comment

Easy. I think I could sit down at a table with some 'que and a beer and just hang out with the folks here.

Comment

How I've progressed in cooking is my biggest enjoyment. How we go from burning stuff regularly to actually having the wife hand over control of certain (not all) [yet] holiday meals.

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            I also enjoy the social part here. I don't belong to any groups other than A-holes (pbc, pbc…)Anonymous. So other then ComfortablyNumb always picking on me I look forward to just see what everyone is doing.
            Last edited by HawkerXP; February 21, 2020, 06:30 PM.

I'm addicted - yes I admit I'm a Amazingrib forum addict.

1. I'm inspired by all you guy's helping others
          2. When I want to cook something out of my normal cook, such as prime rib, or smoked chuck roast chili. This is the first place to research.
          3. Joke of the day
          4. New products, and hand's on info, such as the new Weber pellet. From a real user perspective.
          5. Enjoy seeing what other's are cooking.

Comment

The overwhelming positivity and lack of bickering about things that divide us and having nothing to do with Q.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo
            Meat-Up in Memphis