Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guy's Grocery Games is Auditioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy's Grocery Games is Auditioning

Guy's Grocery Games (GGG) is casting. I think they want restaurant chefs. Here is what they sent me (I am not entering):

Over the next few weeks, we are casting chefs for the opportunity to compete against 3 other culinary artists in Guy Fieri's grocery store where contestants compete in fast paced cooking challenges against one another, with the winner winning up to $20,000.GGG is the most viewed shows on the Food Network that leads to great exposure, a fun competition and the potential to make some great money would certainly be a memorable day.

We are looking for some bad-ass chefs to showcase their unique culinary skills!!

ONLINE APPLICATION FOR CASTING SKYPE INTERVIEW!
    https://guysgrocerygamescasting1415.castingcrane.com/

**No video needed for SHORT application**
    https://guysgrocerygameslongapplicat...tingcrane.com/

Just to note, our production company handles all flight and hotel accommodations to Santa Rosa, CA where episodes are filmed. Chefs will be out of the restaurant for 2-3 days; including 1 full day to film the episode and travel.

This experience is a great chance to hang out with Guy & showcase their talents on tv & promote your Restaurant!

If he’s healed up enough this could be a great event for our very own HouseHomey I know I’d be excited to see him there.
    Homey Homey. 👊👊

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll second HouseHomey

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah! Definitely has the talent and the personality. BTW, he's going to hate you for this

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      CaptainMike You’re probably right. But We’ll get over it. 👊👊

I'm out. 😁. My wife loves the show. I watch bits and pieces. At 67, running up and down the isles would do me in. Then to have to create a cook based on the ingredients they throw at you? I'm not qualified in any way.
    I know there are many people in the Pit who have the credentials. Would love to see a member sign up and make it.

Comment

I know alot of folks here aren't fans of reality TV, but I do like this show. This one and Chopped both get my mind working. I could never succeed on one of these shows, but I have taken the ingredients they get and tried to make my own dishes from time to time. I think it's a pretty healthy excercise for any good cook. If you think you know enough about a lot of ingredients and can quickly make a dish in your head, I'd give it a shot for sure! One of our close friends was on Master Chef US and UK and even though she went out early on both, she said it was one of the most important moments of her culinary career. (She didn't cook professionally before the shows, and has now had multiple articles written about her buisinesses and community/charity involvement which has greatly impacted her causes positively). Would be nice to see someone from here go for Operation BBQ or something even non-food related important to them.

Comment

I don’t even run when someone is chasing me.

Really though. We get these for master chef as well as a couple of others.

Competition cooking is another world just like BBQ. That’s what makes Chef Flay special. The thought process is different, the Mis and taste etc...

I am just a lowly lowly Banquet Chef. My line days are over.

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          A lowly banquet chef who can out cook almost anyone; and just using one hand as your recent videos show.🙂

• Meathead
          Meathead commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. I just can't think that fast. I have to sit down and write the recipe before I do anything.

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah running is highly over rated, man or dawg, I'll take the beating or mauling.
          My dish would be toast or corn flakes something with little effort/prep time.

I'd have to use an alias and pretend I know what I am doing with flour.

Comment

• Meathead
          Meathead commented
          Editing a comment
          I have fear of flour.

I nominate Troutman and Henrik Richard Chrz and rgriffeath and Ernest and others whom I know I'm forgetting. Everyone here is so humble as to not consider themselves "chefs" (ahem, HouseHomey) but I got a feeling MANY folks here would do well with this.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          *Edit*I have a huge amount of respect for the culinary giants and what they have built, I have no idea of the hours and the sacrifices so many have given of their life to achieve what they achieve, and then to be able to do a throw down on the moment and just roll with it, Super high respect, at one time I was a huge fan of iron chef, still would watch it. I have found my love for cooking in slowing it down, and fully giving respect to each aspect, but as a student. Certainly not at this level.

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee Count me in. What's the process?

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          If you're for real, see the very top post from Mh Ernest

I want to see HouseHomey on Chopped. As the judges start yelling about the time limit I want to see him....really want to see him... go crazy on the judges. If they said “1 minute” to me I would just walk off the set with the basket still intact and my charcoal ready to unload into the cooker.

Comment

I absolutely hate what’s happened to the Food Network and the attention grabbing personalities that attempt to entertain us through food prep. They used to actually cook and teach, it was wonderful and worthwhile. To turn the love of cooking and well prepared food into a reality game show is reprehensible.

Other than that, I nominate HouseHomey

Comment

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            I always cooked, but when I ran across Emeril hosting How To Boil Water on the Food Network, I started trying new and adventurous things. Are there any real cooking shows left on TFN?

HouseHomey for sure. Maybe he can have a pinch runner.

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            Bring back grillin' and chillin'.

• Polarbear777
            Polarbear777 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I still learn stuff from Alton Brown, but all the other shows are drama,drama,drama then 2 minutes of content and they announce the winner.

Also when they talk forever while chopping food but then never explain how to apply the heat, the most important ingredient. (Grilling shows with a musical montage of flipping the meat and no discussion of how are the worst)

I'm saving myself for Tommy Chong's 'Pot Shop Games'.....

Comment

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            Action Bronson should compete in that.

• Ernest
            Ernest commented
            Editing a comment
            HAHAHAHA. Hey if Action Bronson is competing in Tommy Chong's Pot shop games, might as well give in

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            Ernest bet he would do it for his Jeeps...

Where do I sign up? I only fear 2 things , live snakes and dead snakes

Comment

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            It's OK, I have an unnatural fear of clowns...that and breast milk...

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            So I gather you have never used the snake method with charcoal too. 😎

• Ernest
            Ernest commented
            Editing a comment
            Craigar Only once. It looked too snakey so I switched to Donut

Can I bring my shootin irons? If so, I'm a lock for the win. how would I get one of my trailers to fit?
          Last edited by texastweeter; February 21, 2020, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Ernest
            Ernest commented
            Editing a comment
            It's not that kind of a show HAHAHAHA!!

HouseHomey so what do you do when someone is chasing you? LOL

Comment

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            have you seen the size of him? I remember him telling me he's a lover and not a fighter, but push come to shove he would brunoise their arm. I laughed pretty hard.

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            I turn and stand. If your gonna catch me it’s gonna be with all my breath not huffing and puffing. 🥵 Besides that would only be like 12 yards.

texastweeter LMAO!! Then I beg to leave my hands and go easy on my face. And no hitting below the belt or in the stomach. Also no rib or kindness shots.
            Last edited by HouseHomey; February 22, 2020, 07:12 AM.

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            That's why guns were invented, lol. Ernest

If anyone decides to do it please let us know when we should watch.

Comment

Application sent...

Click image for larger version

Name:	GGG.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	805940

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
              ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
              Editing a comment
              good luck man!

• Craigar
              Craigar commented
              Editing a comment
              Fantastic! Good luck!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis