Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The end of an era.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of an era.

We recently attended a memorial service for our last aunt, (out of 16 on my side of the family). She was 97 and had outlived two husbands,two children and 7 siblings and their spouses. I'm only a little sad because she was in failing health and ready to go, but I do miss her.

Thanx for reading - I just wanted honor her by sharing.

Sorry for your loss, brother.

Comment

I feel you. My last aunt died in September - the last of my mom's 9 siblings. She was 92.

My mom is doing well though - she will be 90 next week. I am thankful for that. We are having a party for her and I think I am going to do some pulled chicken ala jfmorris's show us what you are cooking post.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Enjoy your mom's birthday! The pulled chicken was easy, as everything was done in under 2 hours, versus an all-day cook of a boston butt. I'll definitely do it again as I work out a recipe and technique.

Sorry as well. I hope you had time to be with her and listen to her life stories and can share then with the younger ones in your family. Not only will it keep her memory alive, she's from a generation whose stories need to be heard.

Comment

Sorry for your loss Ron, it sounds like she was well-loved by her nephew.

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanx - loved by all her nieces and nephews. (Too many for me to keep track of...)

Sorry for your loss RonB
        Condolances from Norway.

Comment

Thank you for sharing. It proves how special she was.

Comment

Sorry for your recent loss. It sounds like you had a good relationship with her.
            I lost most of my close relatives when I was young and self absorbed. So I missed out on so many opportunities.

Comment

Real sorry your family member passed...truly am. Seems every time we lose a friend or family it just chips away at our own mortality.

Now having said that, when I saw the byline in your post I though maybe MountainSmoker had left us for good....

Comment

Sorry to hear that. It's never easy regardless of ones age.
                My SO recently lost her mother...not unexpected, but difficult nonetheless.
                I hope you, and all of her friends & family, find peace.

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. The stories of her generation can teach us so much about strength in the face of adversity and perseverance in very hard times.

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. It’s hard to see that generation passing on, but the ones in my family have been a great blessing to is all. Sounds like yours too.

Comment

So sorry for your loss. It's hard to see the generations before us pass on. The last of my grandparents generation passed away a couple of years ago in her mid 90's. She was a spry old lady that played golf almost daily into her mid 80's, but was in a nursing home and unable to care for herself the last few years. Now I am watching my parents and my in-laws generation pass, and its tough.

Comment

• RonB
                          RonB commented
                          Editing a comment
                          This aunt also put her golf clubs away in her 80's.

Our Sympathy. RIP wonderful Aunt.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        Rubs Promo
                        Meat-Up in Memphis