Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where I've Been - When a Regular Disappears for a Month or Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    Still have to commute to downtown Chicago, at least for now, so maybe not.

• RustyHaines
    replied
    Potkettleblack South Central Wisconsin can probably find a home for you and your cookers!

Leave a comment:

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    The work stuff was like every fly in a fifteen state area got into my well ordered ointment at once. And then some folks kept ordering more flies on Amazon. That’s mostly behind me.

• jgreen
    replied
    Welcome back. Sorry to hear about the rough year, but you will love having more space to cook.

Leave a comment:

• Hulagn1971
    replied
    Thanks for the update PKB. 2020 is going to be a great year especially getting a home with a yard so you can cure some MCS issues.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I like the house warming gift idea. I may modify that and use it in the future, over and over and.... !!!

• rickgregory
    replied
    "...so I can have more toys"

the best reason to do almost anything

Leave a comment:

• JCBBQ
    replied
    As a real estate agent, property manager, former condo owner, former board president, and now single family home owner, I feel your pain...and excitement. Man! You are gonna love having your own back yard. Good luck and enjoy the charcoal/wood burning cooker that you buy yourself for a house warming gift!!

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Welcome back. Good to have you around these parts again.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Good to hear from you, Ed!

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Troutman ! It's been "interesting times". ;-)

• IowaGirl
    commented on 's reply
    Pretty funny, you two! Between my Mister and our dogs, my roses stay well watered. I think my place probably qualifies for the "shoot in any direction" kind of place, whether it be pee or buckshot. If people come down our steep lane to the house, especially at night, they're drunk as skunks lookin' for the partay (yes, it's happened), friends in need of a place to crash, or utterly lost.

• Elton's BBQ
    replied
    Good to see you around again Potkettleblack

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    I'm excited for you PKB. I know that balcony situation was very restrictive, now you have the chance to spread your culinary wings as it were. But here's the problem. Regardless of what you end up with, you will still want more. I've completely filled my outdoor patio and part of my deck with cookers. The wife has had it. We're investing in an outdoor kitchen this summer so I can clear out of her way. It seems that it never ends. It's the curse of the hobby !!

Anyway, welcome back I was wondering why you weren't jumping on the sous vide bandwagon. Meathead and I had a running discussion about pre-smoking versus not pre-smoking meat (QVQ versus SVQ). Needed your input on that one. Anyway, I tried to hold down the SV fort but you continue to be the most informed, so lead on brother !!

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    Never been in a HOA, but my mom and sister are in them. What a headache! Glad you are getting out, and good luck finding a new house for your soon to be new stable of cookers.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis