Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where I've Been - When a Regular Disappears for a Month or Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck!

Comment

Welcome back!

Comment

Actually, I have missed ya. A little anyways. Wondered what you were up to and if you were doing okay, along with FireMan and Mr. Bones and other distinctive "voices" I enjoy on AR.

One of my students said the only place he would ever live is someplace in the country where you can p*ss in your front yard and no one will care. I can't say I have taken advantage of that, but I have to say I agree with the general idea. The idea of having to deal with a HOA gives me the willies.

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahahaha. The rule here is "Never again in the flower beds!"

• Ahumadora
          Ahumadora commented
          Editing a comment
          How do you think my garden gets watered... My dream house is where I can shoot in 360* and not hit a nieghbors place.

• IowaGirl
          IowaGirl commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty funny, you two! Between my Mister and our dogs, my roses stay well watered. I think my place probably qualifies for the "shoot in any direction" kind of place, whether it be pee or buckshot. If people come down our steep lane to the house, especially at night, they're drunk as skunks lookin' for the partay (yes, it's happened), friends in need of a place to crash, or utterly lost.

I feel you. I managed property for almost 20 years. Cut my teeth on landlord/Temant and Rehabs.

later in to Residential HOA followed by commercial/New construction HOA.

Oh the stories my friend. The business 17 years later almost killed me. Literally.

Happy you are well besides.

Comment

I believe you mentioned the condo issue a while back...and the ensuing MCS.
          Glad to hear that things are finally getting back on track...and look forward to more of your posts.

Comment

Welcome back! I want to see some bread bakes of yours!

I live in an HOA and never go to a meeting in fear of them making me do something (put me in charge). My HOA has had some recent drama and I’m so glad I’m not in that drama!

Comment

Welcome back to The Pit where we try not to have much controversy other than which kind of fuel or rub to use this time. Hope 2020 goes better for you.

Comment

• Andrrr
                Andrrr commented
                Editing a comment
                Don’t forget cook temp, crutching, injection and water pans!

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                Pre burn your wood or else!

Yeah I was getting concerned. Glad you are back. Looking forward to you getting a some space and shedding the stress.

Comment

I told 2019 not to let the door hit it in the @ss, it wasn't kind to me either. Here's hoping you get to spend time where you want to spend it.

Comment

You've been missed, for sure. I figured that you were in the moving process, since you alluded to the possibility several weeks back. I hope the condo sells quickly and you can leave those troubles behind you. As for work, well, there will always be a fly in the ointment there. I imagine you'd be happy with only one fly, though, at this point.

I wish you well and look forward to enjoying more your online presence here on the Pit.

Kathryn

Comment

• Potkettleblack
                    Potkettleblack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The work stuff was like every fly in a fifteen state area got into my well ordered ointment at once. And then some folks kept ordering more flies on Amazon. That’s mostly behind me.

Never been in a HOA, but my mom and sister are in them. What a headache! Glad you are getting out, and good luck finding a new house for your soon to be new stable of cookers.

Comment

I'm excited for you PKB. I know that balcony situation was very restrictive, now you have the chance to spread your culinary wings as it were. But here's the problem. Regardless of what you end up with, you will still want more. I've completely filled my outdoor patio and part of my deck with cookers. The wife has had it. We're investing in an outdoor kitchen this summer so I can clear out of her way. It seems that it never ends. It's the curse of the hobby !!

Anyway, welcome back I was wondering why you weren't jumping on the sous vide bandwagon. Meathead and I had a running discussion about pre-smoking versus not pre-smoking meat (QVQ versus SVQ). Needed your input on that one. Anyway, I tried to hold down the SV fort but you continue to be the most informed, so lead on brother !!

Comment

Good to see you around again Potkettleblack

Comment

Welcome back. Good to have you around these parts again.

Comment

As a real estate agent, property manager, former condo owner, former board president, and now single family home owner, I feel your pain...and excitement. Man! You are gonna love having your own back yard. Good luck and enjoy the charcoal/wood burning cooker that you buy yourself for a house warming gift!!

Comment

• Troutman
                            Troutman commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I like the house warming gift idea. I may modify that and use it in the future, over and over and.... !!!

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        Rubs Promo
                        Meat-Up in Memphis