Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where I've Been - When a Regular Disappears for a Month or Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where I've Been - When a Regular Disappears for a Month or Two

Hey Pit,

Miss me? Didn't? No worries either way.

If anyone's curious, 2019 was a crapper of a year at work, and when it got better, my second job, as Condo Board President went ridiculously sideways. I pissed off a major hotel chain, almost all of my customers who violate federal travel policy, got into a screaming match with in May with a guy who would become my cubicle neighbor for six months while they rennovate our workspace. As condo board president, one of my dreams came true, when a woman bought the basement unit in our four unit building. And then it turned to a nightmare, as a series of progressively worse flooding incidents occurred. While I had sympathy, the woman, and her brother who she hired to restore her unit, rapidly became anxiety inducing nightmares from late September through December. We've all semi-lawyered up, over a disagreement over the limits of liability, and maybe $7K.

My term as board president has ended, and my condo unit is listed, as I look to make the ultimate MCS purchase... A new house with a yard to have more cookers. And a bigger kitchen, so I can have more toys. Listed our unit today, and have been looking in a few near suburbs... My neighborhood is "blowing up," and not just with basement lady's tantrums and 5 page text messages. So, hoping for a quick sale, a quick purchase, and new adventures in suburbia.

It's good to catch up with you all. Hope to be around a bit more in 2020.

At least it wasn't health related disappearance. Good luck with your sale.

Comment

We look forward to seeing your new yard!

Comment

Was on the board of my condo complex for 13 years. Served in every position more than once. Some head aches in that time, but nothing that sever. Moved to a gated retirement house 16 years ago and have not been to a meeting yet, on purpose!
        Hopefully brighter days ahead. And have room to expand is both great and scary.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          I've had the joy of being in two HOA's, and one I didn't even live in. Never again, I'd rather be homeless.

Been thinking about you and why we haven't seen you hereabouts, welcome back. It looks like you have fine solution to your woes, I hope it is speedily resolved.

Comment

Potkettleblack Glad to see you around again - you had alluded to the condo woes and "MCS" related possible home purchase a month or two back, so I figured that is what was keeping you busy.

Looking forward to hearing you are out from under the condo and in a new home with room for any cooker you want, and no more limitations on what you cook with. Not that your Genesis and Grilla setup is shabby at all!

Comment

I can see some type of “charcoal” cooker in your future🙂. Very good to have you back and I’m looking forward to see what you choose to add to your pit.

Comment

• Andrrr
              Andrrr commented
              Editing a comment
              Charcoal, charcoal and more charcoal!

Wishing you well in your new 2020 venture.

Comment

Here's a toast to a Grand and Happy Landing (TM) !!!

Comment

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Speaking of disappearances, welcome back to you EdF. I know you been lurking but haven't seen you post much lately. Good to see you here.

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Troutman ! It's been "interesting times". ;-)

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Good to hear from you, Ed!

Welcome back ... and best of luck with your sale, purchase, and move to the 'burbs!

Comment

Welcome back. Here is a secret about burbs - get as far out as high speed internet allows you to!

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                  Editing a comment
                  That can be in the country nowadays. We now have fixed wireless internet towers that provide reliable high speed internet at much lower rates than satellite.

• tbob4
                  tbob4 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ComfortablyNumb - I'm in the country and have good internet. My mom and pop live in Central CA further out. They used to have satellite - horrible. Now they have Verizon with good speed but the data limits don't allow them to stream on their smart TV.

• ComfortablyNumb
                  Editing a comment
                  tbob4 When I first moved to the country I had a choice of dial up or satellite. Finally they installed a tower that, as long as you have line of sight, provides fast internet, no data limits, no contract, and only $50 a month. I have the same service in my new place, and I can stream TV.

I’m lookin forward to the cooker freedom you will have.

Comment

Best wishes for a great 2020!

Comment

Couldn’t like your post because of the grief you have had, just didn’t seem right, but glad you have found a solution to improve your situation. Having been a condo board president for a large business park I can say in all honesty that it is a tiring thankless position. Best wishes that everything falls into place soon.

Comment

Were you gone? I'm glad you are back, and hope everything is quickly resolved.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      Rubs Promo
                      Meat-Up in Memphis