Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This settles it - I want to move to Texas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This settles it - I want to move to Texas...

https://bbq.tamu.edu/2020/01/17/camp...-2020-edition/

Dr._Pat has his smoker pictured at the end of the article. I guess saving the best for last.

Comment

I know I would rather attend a conference where Dr Pat talked about brisket than respiratory care and the post-op patient.

Comment

• bep35
        bep35 commented
        Editing a comment
        That is until all the oxygen gets sucked out of the room. Then respiratory care becomes much more interesting!

Gig'em….
      My nephew did a similar course when he attended A&M years ago, his briskets are second to none.
      We were had a shot at moving to Texas back in the 80's, my wife was recruited for a job but sponsorship fell thru.
      Wonder what might have been.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        You'd sweat a lot more and wouldn't know how to run a snowblower.

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee Well, I sweat now and don't own a snowblower so its pretty much a wash at this point.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome. I ran across it by mistake, them I thought wow, I need to be near A&M...

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        There is a video of Araon Franklin prepping a brisket at one of these. Interesting and funny.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaMgt1Altys

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, the Franklin video was pretty interesting. I watched Harry Soo trim one and it was interesting too. My trimmed brisket looks more like an inept butcher did it - aerodynamic brisket? Please.

Would be interesting to attend. I had Dr. Savell for one of my classes back in the early 1990s, 'nuff said

Comment

Great post
        thank you

Comment

A&M is about a 40 minute car ride from my house, yet I still haven’t attended on of their brisket sessions. Having said that, mine may need a little somethin’ somethin’ more....but it ain’t bad

Comment

I have always wanted to attend! I believe we have to get in a lotto to get a spot in the camp.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo
            Meat-Up in Memphis