Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steven Raichlen's "Project Smoke"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steven Raichlen's "Project Smoke"

I don't know if this has already been posted? PBS has a new series called "Project Smoke" hosted by Steven Raichlen that will be first aired around July 4th this year. This info was on the bottom of the Pit Barrel Cooker homepage.

oldsteve

Awesome, can't wait. Never heard of the guy but it says he has some good shows out there, I will check them out.

Comment

Raichlen has been around for quite a while on PBS. Look him up on Amazon... he's got a line of gear too. never been a real big fan tho, but i appreciate his craft.

Comment

I wish I had his collection of pits lol.

Comment

He's a prolific writer for sure and is not afraid of the exotic stuff.

Comment

Yeah, I read his books when I was branching out. He has a few good things to say if you want to go outside of the box.

Comment

• Hondo
              Hondo commented
              Editing a comment
              And that in a nutshell is probably why I'm not much of a fan... I do have one of his books...

But I am a traditionalist... Pizza should be pepperoni... shotguns should be pump action... my car is always a pickup truck... and my bbq is beef, pork or chicken... I don't cook much pineapple iguana these days! lol

I've only seen one video, LOVE the back ground "music"..... it starts at 1:11

He definitely needs a bigger brush.

Last edited by Jerod Broussard; April 22, 2015, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Hondo, Raichlen is the real deal. His books have the look of pop-recipe, but when you open them up they are full of solid advice, solid technique, and solid flavor. He's all in.

Comment

• Hondo
                Hondo commented
                Editing a comment
                Mosca I wasn't trying to take anything away from the guy... He's had a very successful career and obviously knows his stuff... he's just not my cup of tea and I don't pay much attention to him these days. As I mentioned I have one of his books and it's the first one I believe... I'd recommend that everyone give him a shot if given the chance and then they can make up their own mind.

As Mosca says, Raichlen is the real deal. He has about 8 books out, packed with recipes, and he is good at Asian and other exotic BBQ styles. He still soaks his wood and oils his grates rather than the meat, other than that, I''m a believer.

Comment

• Meathead
                Meathead commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh yeah, and one other thing. He wrote a whole book on beer can chicken recipes and he really believes it moistens the meat. Sigh.

• Mosca
                Mosca commented
                Editing a comment
                Well there is that. maybe he should subscribe to The Pitmaster's Club?

I have to agree with Meathead, some of his recipes and techniques contradict what I've learned here. He also does the 1 Mississippi method of testing grill temp. That's fine if you want a hand sandwich.

Comment

And btw, bbbr is waaaay better than his rub,,,, just sayin. He should join us here for some pointers lol.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                Rubs Promo
                Meat-Up in Memphis