Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ms Candy Sue, Goddess of Smoker Pellets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ms Candy Sue, Goddess of Smoker Pellets...

CandySueQ May I ask a question? I smoke in a UBS and use a small cast iron skillet for my pellets. that skillet is wrapped in aluminum foil which I then stab several times to let in a tiny bit of air and let out the smoke. works nicely but, of course, the pellets still in the skillet when I'm finished cooking are never burned away. I get GREAT smoke on my meat but in most cases, even after a 12-15 hour cook, the pellets are still solid but completely charred and black. HWMO thinks we should just toss those black pellets or just add them to the charcoal. of course, in a UDS, the pellets would just fall through to the floor. so, do we toss them or leave them in the skillet? adding fresh to the skillet when we run the next cook?

Toss 'em! You're making charcoal, driving out the tasty smoke and leaving the char. I've only had a couple of charcoal cookers that take pellets all the way to ash. One of them is surprising -- it's the Cobb Grill, which uses pellets in our cast iron smoker pot with the fuel being 7-8 charcoal briquettes. It's available on Amazon.

Comment

PS -- thanks for the promotion (I think)!!!

Comment

Thanks, Your Luminence! I was kind of thinking that. just wondered if I should leave them to be direct contact charcoal to keep the fresh pellets alight. though in a good cook, that is rarely a problem. The Scot in me, squeezing a penny until Lincoln's accountant shouts 'uncle"

Comment

Everyone needs a grand title! If you aren't born with one, assume one!

Comment

Pellet Princess...

Comment

• mgaretz
            mgaretz commented
            Editing a comment
            Nah, too weak. How about Pellet Empress?

that will work. just be careful where ya use it.....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis