Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

well, it took a while.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karon Adams
    replied
    OK, I THINK everything is good and Horatio (my computer) is clean. I set the video to render yesterday at around 10 ish. went to bed and it was still working. Woke this morning and thought YEAH! It's done! Went to watch it, everything looked GREAT but, for some reason the voice over track wasn't there. took me a few to figure out why. (I coulda had a V-8!) I had muted the voice over track. operator error, as usual. so, first thing this AM, start the Rendering, again. <sigh> The good news is, once I figure all this out, the next one should be MUCH smoother.

Leave a comment:

• Karon Adams
    replied
    Interesting hat different people saw different amounts of audio &video. I finally found out the problem. I had a malicious adware program on my machine. a few hours with Horatio in the trusted and much loved hands of the GEEKSQUAD, (yes, a plug. so long as I have computers, I will have their service. best money I EVER spent) and we're back. So, I took down the bad copy and am currently re-rendering the good one. the biggest frustration for me was the thought of another 10 hour day doing editing and voice overs. thank HEAVENS for auto save.

Because it is so long, I have decided that each of the long videos will also have a little sister. a short, quick version for folks who already know or can pick up quickly the technique. it won't have as much demonstration, just a quick walk through of the recipe and a few seconds of video from each step. it will act as a time saver for those who, say, can already knead dough? or portion out meat? and as a quick reference for those who may have already seen the long version and just need a refresher on the recipe and the process.

Hopefully, that one will be more on the order of 3-5 minutes. it will also act as a commercial for the longer version. someone looking at it and saying, "Seriously, 26 minutes? who do you think you are that I would sit and watch for that long?" and, after the quick touch, they'll think, hmm, maybe the longer one is worth watching..."

But, I have to say, it has been 30 years since I have done that much editing. and I don't think I did that much in a sitting back then! I had to tell myself I was NOT allowed to pop in here or anywhere else on the web until it was DONE! Learning all the ins and outs of the program were daunting. I have 5 completed and one half done (bacon) already shot! But I had not yet figured out the software. it is really terrific software. once you understand how to turn it ON!

Anyway, rendering this as I type, hope to post it this afternoon with the cut version. I'll let you guys know.

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    replied
    It's a black screen for me.

Leave a comment:

• JeffJ
    replied
    No sound. It started off pretty interesting but at the 3:35 mark it went black. I hope you get it figured out, I would really like to watch the entire process particularly given that I've never made a meat pie before.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    @Karon Adams , good luck sorting out the bugs! It looks like it's an interesting video.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• Karon Adams
    replied
    It was finishing up the upload. turns out, the file is HUGE! cutting it doen where I could, it still ran 25 minutes. that a half hour sitcom. one that runs long!

But, this video cover making hot water pastry, making the lid and body of the pie and also a similar process to make a Cherry pie with it.

We videoed the start of the bacon cure last night. we have one that is ready to smoke this weekend, so that will be ready to upload in a few weeks.

a lot of the reason it took so long was working through and finding the basics to transition and mix the audio. I really hope it comes out well.

Well, I awake this AM and I don't like it at all and I'm MAD!

For some reason, there is no video past the intro title and no sound at all. so, today. I have to go back and see it I can put it back together and try again.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Video but no audio.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Most of the video is black for me, I saw you kneading some dough but it went black from there to the end. If there is audio, it isn't there on my end.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Karon you need to make the video public so folks can watch it

Leave a comment:

• Karon Adams
    started a topic well, it took a while.

well, it took a while.

a great software program. there is SO much going on that the program. the layout, I'm sure is very intuitive to folks who have known it and have some experience. to a complete newbie who last produced anything in the AV field was 30 years ago when I worked in radio. and ALL of that was analog!

For those of you who DIDN'T notice I was gone,,, I made a promise to myself on yesterday morning that I was NOT coming back here until I had that program figured out enough that I could FINALLY post the Meat Pie video.

It is up and ready to go.

well, it is kind of up. Youtube is still processing the upload. here's the link as soon as it goes live.

http://youtu.be/_6HsqoHwiOQ

I have always hated my own voice and an actress, when I had to constantly see myself working would drive me bonkers. This works out well. I really do hope you guys will take a look and let me know what you think.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis