Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot of the presses: Franklin Barbecue, A Meat Smoking Menifesto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot of the presses: Franklin Barbecue, A Meat Smoking Menifesto

My pre-ordered book by Aaron Franklin: Franklin Barbecue, A Meat Smoking Manifesto just arrived today. I'll let you guys know what I think about it, but just thumbing through it, it looks like it could be a BBQ classic.
    Last edited by GeorgiaPine; November 18, 2015, 05:14 PM.

I so much rather hard back, however, the Kindle prices are too hard to resist.

Be a while before I have time for that one. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Jerod Broussard the Kindle version is what I have. So far what I have read of it has been interesting.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        I like his YouTube videos

$ 17.99 @ Costco , hardcover

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome Red! When you get a sec, head over to the Introduce Yourself channel and give us an introduction.

I have one coming today. Looking froward to it.

Comment

Will try to grab a copy next week! Aaron Franklin and APL will be in town Mon/Tue and they're collaborating with Roy Choi and Jon Favreau to create a barbecue feast at $85 per person. Unfortunately for me it's sold out, but apparently the El Jefe truck from the movie "Chef" will be serving out front.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          You can come to my house if ever you're in MI. I'll only charge $75. win win.

• eugenek
          eugenek commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey, I'd consider that a good deal because I know I'd walk away with some good barbecue knowledge.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          eugenek, dude you'd blow me away with that fine food YOU make!

Read through page 127 last night. Couldn't put it down. I can't say enough good things about this book. I laughed, I cried, I drooled, I said out loud "I've done that!", then I laughed again. He is a great storyteller and fantastic guy. And to top it all off- he's a hardcore stickburner with a round firebox and standard flow exhaust.

EDIT: Oh, and we share the same first name...
        Last edited by Huskee; April 9, 2015, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee you are absolutely right on. It is a good book. I have the Kindle version now I'm going to get the hardcover.

I like his little shout out to AmazingRibs at the resources section of the book

Comment

I'm enjoying it a lot, too. Though now it's making me yearn for a stickburner, and the PBC isn't even four months old!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20141028_111939.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	77430 Click image for larger version

Name:	20141028_113844.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	77431 Click image for larger version

Name:	20141028_145040.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	77432 Click image for larger version

Name:	20141028_152229.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	77433 Click image for larger version

Name:	20141028_145401.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	77434 here was my experience when I visited Franklin's "AWESOME!" Look at the size of his smokers there are 5 of those in that room. you could only see 3 in this picture. Great guy and willing to talk to everyone in line. Cant wait to get his book.

Comment

Loving reading this book! #BBQPassionContinuesUpUpUp

Comment

Got myself an autographed copy of the book Monday night and gawked at a few celebrities who made their way in for BBQ while us chumps ate Cubano sandwiches on the sidewalk. Even the Fonz stopped by for some good eating. I'm enjoying the read so far. The details are great, if not bordering on OCD, like how he describes getting the proper arm/elbow motion to evenly distribute the rub from the shaker. I also like that he's describing his experience from the restaurant perspective and not just backyard cooking. Good for him making a living doing what he loves.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3244.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	202.9 KB
ID:	77987

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
                  Powersmoke_80 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Awesome to get an autographed copy. As for the movie CHEF, I thought it was an awesome movie. Watched it twice on Netflix and almost makes you wish you had a food truck,LOL.

• eugenek
                  eugenek commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, if it was only that easy!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis