Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accidental Almost Macarons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accidental Almost Macarons

Talk real fast.....Hope something good happens...... take the credit....... That's generally the way it goes....

Watching Black List. Red tracked down the next Black list member because someone had dripped jelly on a car seat. Turns out, that was the jam from a Rum Soaked Rose Petal Pancski. Me, still entertaining my life long lust of James Spader, I had to look up the recipe. mmmm,hmmmm.... Apparently, one of THE best jelly doughnut style (but OH so much more) in the world. So, guess who has to make them?

problem is, the recipe calls for 12 egg yolks. You know what that means, right? Besides another trip to the grocery for HWMO? it means I have a LOT of egg whites on my hands. My go to is Pavlova in whatever shape or size has caught my fancy. somewhere along the way, some fat must have snuck into the process because the meringue simply WOULD NOT take up air.

HWMO says, well, guess you're going to toss that, then? since it didn't work. ummm, hello, have you MET me? I don't toss, I pretend I meant to do that. So, grabbed a pipe bag and started squeezing. playing around with shapes. filled my pan, popped them in the oven, and they are very close to macarons. since there is no almond meal (and little air in them) there is no foot and they are cracked. don't let that stop you, they still taste good.

but, I'm guessing the 2 & 6 year old neighbors won't really care! Click image for larger version

Name:	prebaked 001.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	76625 Click image for larger version

Name:	pre baked 002.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	76626 Click image for larger version

Name:	Pre baked 003.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	76627 Click image for larger version

Name:	baked pan.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	76628 Click image for larger version

Name:	Baked Bunny.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	76629 Click image for larger version

Name:	Baked Chick.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	76630

I know I wouldn't give a crap, got me drooling just with pics....

Comment

• Karon Adams
      Karon Adams commented
      Editing a comment
      they actually have the same texture as macarons. Sweet and crunchy outside, chewy and yummy inside! HWMO has now been tasked with buying almond meal. Macarons are considered the royalty of pastry and I have never made them. gauntlet retrieved!

Looks like there were birds and bunnies, but the right-most item in pic#2 looks like the Enterprise...

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Too funny, I thought for sure you were going to see a coiled up pork loin or two in them pics.

• Karon Adams
      Karon Adams commented
      Editing a comment
      OK, Guys, give a girl a break!! I never said I could pipe!

I am SO glad you could at least see where I was headed. If I finish them up, i'll melt a little chocolate and draw in the features. that is, if HWMO doesn't eat them ALL before I can get back into the kitchen.

Comment

looking at the extreme close ups (they are FAR larger on the site than I usually view them when editing) the food coloring reminds me of children's crayons!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis