Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My smoker ships this week in time for the weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My smoker ships this week in time for the weekend

At least for now, Lang BBQ has pits in stock and ready to ship/pick up. I ordered the Lang "36 hybrid patio that includes both a smoking chamber and a charcoal chamber. It arrives here in Tennessee in time for the weekend. I'll probably season it instead of watch the NCAA Final Four! :-)
    Last edited by GeorgiaPine; March 31, 2015, 01:51 PM.

Congrats on getting your Lang. You will love it. Welcome to the stick burner family

Comment

Congrats! Cant wait to see it.

Comment

You just made DWCowles day!! Congratulations on that Lang.
        If it made sense I'd get one in a heartbeat.

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          It didn't make my day Ernest I already have a Lang and I don't make a penny when Ben Lang sells one. I have no ideal what you mean "if it made sense I'd get one in a heartbeat". But I'm sure GeorgiaPine will be very happy with his new smoker and enjoying the wood flavor that it will produce.

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          DWCowles What I meant was another stick burner owner. So hopefully he'll be posting as you mentioned in another thread about having more posts from stick burner owners.

Congrats! I hope to graduate to a Lang at some point.

Comment

Welcome to the stickburner family! I trust you'll share some bragging pictures of the new toy...tool I mean, over on the smokers channel! Are you planning to burn all wood?

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
            Are you planning to burn all wood?
            Yep! I'm stocked with hickory and pecan right now. I need to find a local source for these though. A rick of 24 month seasoned pecan would be great.

Comment

Where are ya, darling? I have two apple trees that need to come down and some Pecan that need discipline. If you're in GA, take a look at the Farmer's quarterly. I can't remember the name. HWMO may. I'll ask him and post. there are some GREAT resources there. you can find people advertising in it as well as place an ad for things you need. I believe it is a service of the Extension service so it has no cost. or didn't when I lived in Atlanta.

Make sure to send lots of pictures. an unboxing video would be WAY fun!!!

Comment

Ok, talked to HWMO, he cannot remember the name of the publication. however, since it was part of the state Extension, you can call your county extension and they'll know precisely what you mean. Might be the Georgia Farm reports or farmer's report. something to that effect. I escaped GA 17 years ago, so it has been a while.

when I was exiled to Atlanta, we took it. you just had to call and they would send you the current edition and add your name to they mailing list. you received it every publication period from then on. I found ALL SORTS of cool things. everything from farm produce, milk, cheese, honey to any and all supplies for growing your own. IIRC, this was where I found the nudge to start keeping bees. and then my father started. and my mother NEVER forgave me for it.

Comment

Well, my Lang 36 hybrid patio just arrived! :-)

Comment

• DWCowles
                    DWCowles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice...Very nice

• JeffJ
                    JeffJ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    One of the other site members got a Lang about a month ago. He posted a ton of pics in progression. The culmination was a picture of the smoke box with wood in it which was setting up his first cook.......drum roll.....a single pork chop. It was hilarious.

WOWL

COMGRATULATIONS, and GREAT luck!! Can't wait to hear (and see) how you like it. WTG!

Comment

Sweet!!

Comment

Got the seasoning done yesterday. It's really impressive how well it holds temperature. It was holding 245 with nothing but coals from 3 pecan sticks.

Also, Ben Lang has now added a probe plug to this model. Simply unscrew the plug and run your temp probes in. They told me yesterday that this feature had been requested by so many folks on the competition circuit that they've added it to the schematics as a standard feature. So, I got a little bonus yesterday :-)
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by GeorgiaPine; April 10, 2015, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Very nice. How nice too low and slow some ribeyes, then transfer to that little pit to conduct a reverse sear......Booya!!!!!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        Rubs Promo
                        Meat-Up in Memphis