Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The word is out - look what was on my FB page as a "suggested post"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The word is out - look what was on my FB page as a "suggested post"

http://www.answers.com/article/12636...aram6=45255151

Great job, MH on being first! Hope there is a patent.

Meathead didn't actually invent the concept, but he sure has popularized it in the last 5 years or so. Sous vide folk from decades ago are thought to be the driving force behind this method. Meathead has said he began practicing the idea 10-12 yrs ago, but also has credited Christopher Finney of Iron Pig BBQ with spreading the word on other forums first.

Comment

Wow. That's super nice!

Comment

NICE! I have been playing with pies and bacon so much lately, I have neglected my beloved cow! I need a steak! Doctor's orders, after all. gotta increase that red meat intake and boost that iron!!

Here's a really cool reverse sear trick. I stole this for Alton brown. if you are just cooking A steak perhaps two for yourself and a (significant) other, go for mini-grill with maxi heat.

Just cook on your coal tower! Brilliant!

Light your chimney with just a pound or so of coals, sitting ON the grates of your grill. now, I'm going to turn HIS method around to do reverse sear, as well. can't leave well enough alone. so, when coals are good and ready put a small grill on TOP of the chimney. let that warm up. once it has, introduce your meat, with all appropriate flavor enhancers already applied. upturn a metal mixing bowl over the steak to form a nice, mini oven. cook to desired doneness, turning to cook both sides.

move the chimney to one side.

Now, place two heat resistant spacers just slightly taller than your steak on the grill on either side of the hot spot. put the steak between them.

Shake your coals to the side to drop ash, then place the chimney, coals and all on TOP of the steak. we're just broiling here. sear, flip, repeat. drool....

See ya, I'm off to the Butcher Shop!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        Rubs Promo
        Meat-Up in Memphis