Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

not a full fledgled movi but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karon Adams
    commented on 's reply
    BTW, Dew, thanks for being my very first subscriber!!! I may have to find a little something to send to you!

• Karon Adams
    commented on 's reply
    yep, my speaking voice is nearly a baritone but, when I sing, I generally deliver a song between low E and High C (a in above the staff) I CANNOT sing in alto, much less baritone. I was a Soprano Coloratura in college. NEVER had a touch of trouble hitting the high note in the National Anthem or Bohemian Rhapsody (which a pal and I sang DAILY in the student center) I am always surprised when I hear my own voice. most people are. I like to think I am copying my actress Idol, Katharine Hepburn and Kathleen Turner. of course, I can't even stand in the same room with those lovely ladies in the looks department.

• Dewesq55
    replied
    Nice video. 2 comments:

1. I would NEVER have guessed your voice would be as deep as it is, based on you picture (I know, completely moronic on my part "visualize" your voice in my head based on your pic).

2. Add some bourbon or cognac to those plantains and get some "plantains foster" Amazing over vanilla ice cream.

DEW

Leave a comment:

• Karon Adams
    replied
    I have lots of back up. this was purely operator error. idiot that I am, I thought I had moved it to Horatio when I cleared Vincent's disk. I keep a file on my desktop, Horatio (best friend and keeper of secrets), for pretty much everything. including a file of videos. one sub file for each cooking project. after shooting, especially a long one like Meat Pies was, copy from the camera (Vincent, my maker of pictures, for the greatest artist of all time, Vincent Van Gogh). once copied, clear the memory card (usually half or more full) for the next use.

I probably had a phone ring, or a timer chime or just was distracted taking another bite, and skipped a step. happens. OH NO! do you know what that means? it means I have to make Meat pies again!!

Woe is me!

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    That sucks, though the free version is limited to 15 gigs, Microsoft's OneDrive might be a savior for you. As I said it is free, and you can synch it to the folder you post your videos to and it will keep an online backup of everything you have in that folder. I use it for a lot of my stuff and it works great.

Leave a comment:

• Karon Adams
    started a topic not a full fledgled movi but...

not a full fledgled movi but...

I am currently in search of one of my last tow brain cells. it has behaved VERY badly and it knows it. therefore, it has gone into hiding. what did it do? it DELETED what turned out to be the FIRST video I made that looked like it would be a good enough piece to put online. Yep, did a pretty nice piece on the meat pieces. when I was done I though 'Nailed it. this just needs some editing and it will be fantastic!" I ate my lunch and did several other things that day (like brag about my lunch to you guys) and when I sat down to edit. the whole THING was gone. I'm going to lose what little of my ever lovin mind I may still have.

on the positive side, I made a nice little caramel Plantain dish yesterday. it was rather yummy! I only took a quick short video of it but the full recipe is in the text. feel free to take a gander. then go pick up some plantains!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DgdH3ARZEU

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis