Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

By the By

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the By

I KNOW I have been promising videos and I DO promise, they're coming. I have been under the weather and the editing is a learning curve. but, it's coming! I promise (or threaten, take your pick)

I just want to hear the radio voice.

Comment

^ and that!

Comment

Yeah, I have a face for FM radio, I'm here ta tell ya! Part of the problem id sound. It's getting there! the bread's gonna be moldy by the time I show you how I made it! It is kinda weird, few people, especially women, use their real names on radio. for VERY good reason, which lesson was very frighteningly demonstrated to me years later. so, here's me with my first shift on air coming up in mere hours, and I have NO idea what to use. right up to the moment I hit the mic. then, suddenly, my brain stops and my mouth starts and suddenly, my Name is rani Stephens. I have NO idea where that came from, it just came out with I opened the Mic. My alter Ego has Been rani Stephens since.

Comment

Sound is difficult as you know. I do some voice over work and podcasting. I went threw a lot of USB mics before I decided that I needed a real deal cardioid.

That said Blue makes really good usb stuff.

Comment

• Karon Adams
            Karon Adams commented
            Editing a comment
            Get a great big sponge. carve a hole in it and stick it on your mic. no more popping and spoltzing.

• Jon Solberg
            Jon Solberg commented
            Editing a comment
            I still have my first DIY pop filter. It is a embroidery hoop and a pair of panty hose on stiff wire
            Last edited by Jon Solberg; March 25, 2015, 11:55 AM.

• mgaretz
            mgaretz commented
            Editing a comment
            I have found the Yeti in cardioid mode works well from far enough away that pops and sibilants are not an issue.

I think I was born in the wrong century.
          Perhaps move to Australia and have both the wrong century and CONTINENT. 1:07 into the clip

Comment

• Karon Adams
            Karon Adams commented
            Editing a comment
            LOVE me some Quigley Down Under. UNTIL this scene!! Tom selleck is OK, but if I can have me some Alan Rickman I will go anywhere, ANY time! I could sit and listen to that man read the PHONE BOOK!

Momma always told me I had the face for radio, a voice for pictures, and dance moves to impress the pickiest of blind women.

Comment

My voice is closer to when tv shows disguise an informants voice, not as low but you would probably want subtitles.

Comment

• Karon Adams
              Karon Adams commented
              Editing a comment
              My oldest daughter who enjoys overacting (and occasionally even does it on stage) always said she wanted to be the woman in the black and white shot with the crazy hair and the frustrated look on infomercials.

• _John_
              _John_ commented
              Editing a comment
              Crazy dry hair got you down?

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis