Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May I Suggest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May I Suggest?

Hi Folks!! I have been spending some time trying to figure out what the heck was wrong with my mic for the video editing. I finally went to best buy with my tower and talked to GeekSquad. this lovely young man who was helping me figured out that I just needed a new headset & mic. While watching a few clips of my video, he saw me working on the bread in the video clip. I told him what I was doing. he was telling me that he had been a sous chef at one time but is now an GeekSquad tech. But, watching my videos he started grousing that he was hungry, working late and hadn't had lunch. So, I told him about the meat pies I had made and the bread he was watching on video. I'm an evil woman. I started teasing him about the meat pies, with hot water pastry, and brown sauce, and trotter jelly. that's when he lost it. Trotter Jelly? Really? yup. So, he showed me the best mic for my uses and I promised him a pie. with sauce & jelly.

of course, people probably tell him stuff like that, all the time. but, it was 12:30 PM and he said he was working until 4. HWMO had to head back to that part of town to pick up some other things, so I sent him the promised meat pies, several slices of bread made this AM, a schmear of butter, a jar of trotter jelly and some Brown Sauce. Denver said he was surprised but also tickled. I imagine a lot of people say they will do something, then don't. So it is always fun to actually do so. Retail folks work HARD and my GeekSquad guys, well, I love every one of them. I'll never be without their service. geekSquad is the BEST money I have ever spent in electronics. Anytime I even think my computer is running slow, I just go to their website, chat a moment with the tech and they fix whatever went wrong. I'll have this service as long as I have a computer and they offer the service.

and, in thanks to ALL the geeksquad guys who have taken care of me over the years, I was thrilled to send him some meat pies, home baked bread, brown sauce and trotter jelly. He has made my day!!

Cool, I take food to my meat suppliers once in a while. Not too hard to throw on another pork shoulder when I have the coals going anyway and pork is crazy cheap.

Comment

When I was a Realtor I didn't have time to cook like I do now. but I still cooked some. I liked making a statement with closing gifts. Many agents would give a client an ink pen or a framed photo of the house they JUST BOUGHT (like they don't remember what their new house loos like?) Sometimes I would cook but, my favorite closing gift was something I loved for myself. I bought cases of Gallileo Thermometers. After the final walk through (where the buyers tour the house just before the close to make sure all agreed changes or repairs had been made) I would say bye to my clients and i'll see you at the closing and make like I had paperwork to do in my car until they left. then, I would go back into the house and leave their closing gift on the kitchen Counter along with Home record books.

At the Closing, I gave the buyers their keys with some really NICE keyrings I had custom made. My trademark in the business was an old fashioned swirly skeleton key. I used the slogan "Giving you the Keys to your future" all about Keys. So, instead of just handing them the housekeys, I handed the new house keys to them on My key Rings. the ladies was a really nice bracelet Keyring with lots of Key charms, the husbands was simply a Pewter key on a keyring. They always thought that was the extent of the closing gifts. I never failed to receive a note regarding the Galileo thermometer after the closing. Many of the houses I helped buyers purchase, I later relisted with them and that thermometer would still be on a mantle or kitchen window. they are kind of cool. I have always had one in my house.

Meanwhile, (FINALLY bringing it back to food) I would ask them when they planned to move in and would arrange for the local BBQ joint to show up with food for the movers (I would, at some point, ask how many friends were helping them move, I'm nosy, that way) A little goes a LONG way in that department.

It always felt good to help people. I always like the people who help me like my geeksqaud guy, today (and the many, MANY other geeksquad guys). It is arare that I actually have a chance to give them more than my verbal thanks. and, on the rare occasion when I CAN express my appreciation, it is really nice to be able to do so. all the better when you know they really are surprised.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis