Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great source for pork anatomy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great source for pork anatomy

Came across a really cool site that may help you get a better understanding of pork anatomy.
    There are 2 really interesting sections: Cross sections and 3d rotations, the others are ok, but these 2 are the best.
    The cross section link shows a hog sliced across every couple of inches, clicking on any of the muscles will give you the anatomical name as well as a lot of information.
    This is the pork shoulder, most of the muscles you click will give you all kinds of info including calories, fat, protein, moisture, flavor and tenderness.

The 3d rotation shows a pig cut in half lengthwise and allows you to rotate it, and also lets you move a slider to show all of the anatomy at that point, clicking a muscle will tell you all about it the same as mentioned above.
    I've often wondered about the different muscles in there and if there are any other hidden gems like the money muscle, this is a way to find out. I have also heard people mentioning injecting into certain muscles like the tubes, this seems to be a good way to get to know the muscles and inject specific points rather than just squirting around aimlessly.

That is bad to the bone, I mean muscle.

Comment

Thanks for sharing John, that really is a great site. There's no substitute for hands on work with the meat, but that site comes as close as anything I've ever seen online.

Comment

Yay for the Big Red! Nice UNL site I wasn't even aware of! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis