Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

CBD oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jecucolo
    Club Member
    • Nov 2015
    • Schertz Texas
    • Pit Barrel Cooker

I just purchased a little bottle of cbd oil. The company I purchased it from sells some small test viles of different strengths to allow you to experiment and see if it is right for you. The strengths are 60 mg, 120 mg and 240 mg. I use it for sleep. When I took the 240 mg it reminded me of Ambien. I could feel it quickly making me drowsy. I had a good night sleep. Since I received the full 1 months supply I have been experimenting with smaller doses. Many drugs take some time to get make a difference so I’m thinking that may be the case with CBD. Small doses are to help with anxiety and pain relief larger doses with sleep. I agree that it is being sold as a cure all but in truth it is just another alternative to health care. Pharmaceutical drug have their own controversy and aren’t always effective.
    So if it doesn’t work not that big a deal I have made bigger mistakes! Yes the taste is unpleasant reminds me of my first brisket cook. Cheers!

Comment

• Old Glory
      Club Member
      • Feb 2018
      • Northshore MA
      • Weber Summit Charcoal Grill
        XL BGE
        DCS Gasser
        Humphrey's Cabinet Smoker
        Weber Performer

Slow & Sear
        Vortex
        Ceramic Grill Store Reducer Ring
        Woo Rig;
        Adjustable Rig
        BGE Pizza Stone
        FireBoard
        Pit Bull Fan
        Griddle Store Griddle

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like a bottle of Bulleit, which by coincidence will cure everything. And if it won't, with enough you won't care about what ailed you in the first place.

• RustyHaines
        RustyHaines commented
        Editing a comment
        And Bulleit comes in 2 flavors . . . . . Bourbon and Rye !
    • Mosca
      Charter Member
      • Oct 2014
      • PA
      • Large Big Green Egg, Weber Performer Deluxe, Weber Smokey Joe Silver, Maverick 732, DigiQ, and too much other stuff to mention.

3 days, I don’t notice anything different. Honestly I didn’t expect to.

Comment

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure you do ... I'll bet your wallet feels at least a little lighter
    • smokin fool
      Club Member
      • Apr 2019
      • Mississauga, Ont

Could always try this trio
      Attached Files

Comment

• OwenMackay
        Banned Spammer
        • Jun 2020

I am very happy with the CBD oil. It helps me with insomnia. And not just for me. My cat, too. She suffered from insomnia and hyperactivity for a long time. I gave her sedatives but it didn't help. And if it helped then only for a short time. I didn't know what to do and went to the vet. He advised giving her CBD oil for cats. I was very surprised but decided to try. And you know, it really helped. She calmed down and began to sleep well. I buy a CD for myself and her here [link removed by Huskee]
        Last edited by OwenMackay; July 6, 2020, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• tstalafuse
          Club Member
          • Mar 2018
          • Florissant, Colorado

Two things to look at if it isn't working for you... What dosage are you using and is it full spectrum? My wife uses the 1000mg daily and swears that it keeps the arthritis in her lower back from hurting. Personally, the under the tongue does nothing for me at any dosage, but when the arthritis in my thumb flares up rubbing a drop directly on the joint makes the pain disappear in just a matter of a minute or two. As an aside, the level of THC is so low (.001% or less) you won't get any kind of a high or pop a drug test unless you drink a gallon or two at a time...

Comment

• JB007
            Former Member
            • Jun 2020

Decarboxylation is mandatory for any effect to be noticed. If they product claims low temperature CO2 based extraction (assuming it actually has active components at the stated strength), decarboxylation at 130C for 10 minutes would be needed for pharmacologically active compounds to be created. Else vaping would be needed for conversion temperatures to be reached.

Comment

• Keiferr
              Club Member
              • Jun 2018
              • Southeast Michigan

There is a lot of difference in quality and purity between manufacturers. My wife did some exhaustive research on CBD before we started using it. We get our from lazarusnaturals dot com. We get the capsules and some creams. The only oil we get is to calm our dogs during storms and fireworks and it goes on a treat. It works well for us. I did some extensive (7 hours) work on my inbound sprinklers yesterday and was really hurting. I took 3 10 mg capsules, sat down for 2 hours, and went back out to clean up. 90% of my pain was gone. Bottom line is to do your research, buy good product, and remember that nothing works for everyone.
              ​​

Comment

• AmeliaFraser
                Former Member
                • Dec 2020

Hi guys. I'm new to the world of CBD oil. I started trying CBD about a month ago. I had headaches because I have a hard work both physically and mentally. I was advised to try CBD oil, but at first I had doubts about this and decided to buy a jar of [link removed by Huskee] to find out what it is. I used it several times a week and my headaches started to go away at the end of the first week. Maybe it's a placebo effect or I'm less stressed, but my sleep pattern has also improved. If anyone has had similar problems, let me know.
                Last edited by AmeliaFraser; December 10, 2020, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• RonB
                  RonB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Welcome to The Pit Amelia.
              • bbqLuv
                Club Member
                • Jan 2020
                • Milwaukie, OR

If it works, good on you. But I don't think I would pair CBD with PBR. Does it give you "cotton mouth", or the "munchies"?

Comment

• kattyperry90
                  Banned Spammer
                  • Dec 2020

I never succeed during an all-time thread, either straight or closed. Can I have a couple of tips on how you used if the powder turned out, I bought [link removed by Huskee] to make delivery faster, and began to add it to products. Based on the beneficial properties of Kratom, it is compared to Yohimbe and Mate. But with cocaine and other similar substances, it cannot be compared. The key difference between psychoactive substances is its stable presence. This is the so-called hedonic effect, which is erroneously called euphonizing. Someone mixed it with other psychotropic drugs? Would you take the risk if you knew that the result would not always be satisfactory?

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                    ComfortablyNumb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What is kratom?

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Aren't we glad this spammer joined just to tell us all of this valuable info?

• Donw
                    Donw commented
                    Editing a comment
                    She should stick to releasing albums I never listen to.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
                See more
                See less
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}