Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wish me luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish me luck!

OK, new camera is here. I need some better lights, though. but, today is the first day of shooting for the Brioche Bread video. I really hope this goes well. I am also going to be starting on a pie video. I hope to have a Cherry Pie for dinner on Pi Day. I am going to film the making of said pie.

I hope you all have great weekends planned!!

Good luck to you but you got this! Looking forward to the videos.

Comment

Thanks, Jon. I have never done this before, never done a video. so this is a new adventure! I was once upon a time, a Disc Jockey so I have a little experience with writing scripts (for commercials) and talking into a mic, doing voice overs and all. at the same time, that was MANY years ago and everything is new and different, today.

I have already figured out that it is going to take a good deal of time. the first one I want to make and have scripted is Brioche. that is going to require that I make 3-4 batches of bread to show many different ways you can use this wonderful bread. With Meathead's permission, I'll post a link to the video.

I will be using a different name on the baking videos. I had a VERY scary experience while I was in radio so, anything that puts me 'out there' I use a nom de Plume. and I don't intend to appear on camera.

once I start rolling, I am hoping to post something once a week.

Comment

Videos are challenging. At least for me but I do enjoy making them for sure. What are you using to edit?

Comment

• Karon Adams
          Karon Adams commented
          Editing a comment
          I actually had a guy at Geeksquad recommend the Adobe Premier for video editing. since I have NO idea how to do this and I have always trusted GeekSquad (Seriously, my GeekSquad subscription is some of the BEST money I have EVER spent) I downloaded a trial version of that software and am kind of working at it, little at a time.

The first video, however isn't going to be Brioche as originally intended, but Cherry Pie. Tomorrow is Pi Day, so it seemed fitting.

So far I have finished the crust and placed it in the pan and the filling is sitting. I'll be back in a little while, rolling out the top crust and filling the pie, then bake and allow to sit. I'm VVERY excited!

meanwhile, one of my all time favorite magazines in Fine Cooking. If you have never done so, check them out. I sent them my Dirty Sugar trick and they have requested permission to publish it. I also told them how I dry potatoes for potato chips (in my washing machine) and they plan to publish that too. I feel VERY honored!

And the timing is great because it means that there will be several videos up (if I can keep up) when the issue with those tips comes out. they'll link to my upcoming blog when they publish. that IS a good bit of luck.

• Karon Adams
          Karon Adams commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you use ambient sound or voice overs? I am really thinking I would be better off doing voice overs. I hope this software can do that. But, the pie is in the fridge, last 1 hour chill before baking. HWMO was shocked when I told him I had used ALL the cherries! yeah, 3 pounds of cherries! but, my pie pan is a large diameter and deep dish pan. it makes a FABULOUS Deep Dish Apple! But I am really looking forward to trying the crust. I put vanilla seeds in the crust as well as the filling. I can't help it, I will put vanilla in just about everything!!

Karon post all the video links you want! No permission needed.

Comment

Karon, I don't much believe in luck and you won't need it. Looking forward to the vid.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis