Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

Some ABTs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jragle
    Former Member
    • Oct 2014
    • Trenton, OH

Some ABTs

Did some ABTs. Italian sausage wrapped whole jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese. The cream cheese is mixed with worchestershire and lowery's seasoned salt to taste. The last one is wrapped with homemade smoked bacon. Smoked with apple at 250 until internal temp hit 168. Yummy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ABTs Ready.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	69482
    Ready for the smoker. Dusted with fresh cracked pepper and ground kosher salt.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ABTs Resting.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	69483
    Pulled at 168 and resting.
  • Rodcrafter
    Charter Member
    • Feb 2015
    • Orlando
    • Reverse flow offset hybrid trailer rig, with cowboy cooker and fish fryer burner, also using an Reverse flow offset back yard smoker. Both custom built myself.

I bet they were good! I find that allowing them to stay in the smoker for a long time seems to make the pepper milder. Do you have that experience?

Comment

• jragle
      jragle commented
      Editing a comment
      I find the pepper taste to be more blended with whatever it's mixed with; if that's what you're referring to. I believe a rub's taste is more pronounced before the smoke though.
  • Stoney
    Charter Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Pensacola, Florida
    • 22"Weber Performer Gold
      PBC
      IGrill 2
      IGrill Mini
      Smokenator

Those seem more like armadillo eggs, than ABTs. Love those things.

Comment

• jragle
      jragle commented
      Editing a comment
      They were large. The peppers were huge and 5 of 'em took a pound of sausage. That's why the last one was wrapped with the bacon.
      Last edited by jragle; March 9, 2015, 08:13 AM.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}