Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smokin at the Square

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokin at the Square

Guys and Gals, I am going to the Smokin at the Square tomorrow in Pensacola FL. It is a KCBS sanctioned event. Candy Sue is usually here to compete but can't make it this year. I will let ya'll know how it turns out. First one I have ever been too. Marauderer you could be here.
    Last edited by Guy; March 6, 2015, 07:34 PM.

Yes I could Guy but, my son, from North Milton/Allentown is coming up to see me tomorrow. Maybe next year.

Comment

• Guy
      Guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Barry went through Milton from Crestview on Highway 90. Enjoyed that drive better than I- 10. Maybe next year you and I can help CandySueQ. That is if she wants us.
      Last edited by Guy; March 7, 2015, 05:14 PM.

Have a blast Guy!

Comment

Guy, are you attending, or competing? In either event, hope you have a GREAT time!!

Comment

• Guy
        Guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Just attending this is my first one.

Well I am home now. Beautiful day in Pensacola Florida at the "Smokin at the Square". This is my first Barbecue competition so I don't really know what to expect. There was a pro division and a backyard division. None of the pros offered anything so I assume they were trying to make a living or at least pay expenses. The backyard guys were offering tips for taste. Which you give them a tip and you get to taste their cue. The backyard division was for charity only so they did not get any of the tips. Like I said this was my first one and I was not real impressed with any of my taste except one. I think we did 8 taste. I think the reason may be that there was no bark or anything like that in the samples. Some of them were actually not good at all. So my advice to them is to join AmazingRibs.com and learn how to cook real cue. LOL I am kidding I don't know if samples at a competition can ever compete with what we can cook at home. My wife said none of them stood up to mine but she gets it right off the smoker. One of the things I noticed is there was very little smoke flavor or smoke rings in the samples. And my wife and I like that. Everyone may not including judges. Don't know enough about it but I had a great time. Gotta figure out want to cook tomorrow.
      Last edited by Guy; March 7, 2015, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• Ray
        Ray commented
        Editing a comment
        Guy, what kind of meats did you taste?

Ray, hard to tell because all of it was chopped or pulled. I thought mostly Pork Butt probably something cheap since it was for charity.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis