Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for Mods: compensation by makers of endorsed products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Mods: compensation by makers of endorsed products?

Does anyone affiliated with this site accept compensation from makers of any products featured or endorsed? For example, the right side bar features the same products but no indication is given if it's an advertisement. I'm not casting aspersions or suggesting that product reviews are in any way influenced by anything other than considered opinions of Meathead, et al., but it would be good to know if this site is like consumer reports that does not accept compensation from manufacturers or if it does. Thanks in advance.

Great question Adam. You will find the answer to this question and others on this page.

Notice the third subheading down titled "How we pay for it".

Meathead is very transparent about how it all works, since there's little point and definitely no trust in secrecy.

Comment

We never accept any type of compensation from any manufacturers. Our product testing policy that all manufacturers must agree to before testing begins clearly states our first responsibility is to provide our readers with unbiased, accurate info and all reviews will be posted good or bad. I'm at the HPBExpo in Nashvile this week. Last night I had dinner with a man who is head of a major gas grill manufacturing company. Though he wanted to pick up the bill, I explained to him it is our policy not to accept even dinners or cocktails from manufacturers of products we review.
      Here is a clear explanation of how we operate: http://amazingribs.com/meathead/how_...ibs_works.html

Comment

That's good to know, thanks. I guess it wasn't too good of a question with the info already being on the site!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Not hardly! You realize how big this stinkin' site is???

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis