Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another personal preference questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Hmmmm, Barry...a new Bernina/Horn Table/Tutto carrying set vs. a stickburner?

That would put me on the horns of a dilemma!

You're a great husband to wait to get the stickburner--I imagine you scored major points with that bounty of sewing equipment for Brenda. Good call.

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, very nice toys, Mark. That Enterprise 10 needle must especially be a lot of fun to play with.
    K.

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    fzxdoc Your a good Mom Kathryn. When our kids come over and make comments like that Brenda tells them that they don't need to go there. But, each to their own.

As far as Brenda's new machine I would have gotten her the 780 or 800 series if she had wanted it. I had to push her to get this one. In fact I went to the Bernina store and negotiated the whole deal including the bazillion dollar Horn table and Tutto carrying bags. That's why I have to wait on getting my stick burner. And I have no problem with that as it is giving her a lot of pleasure and she doesn't have to worry about it dying in the middle of a project.

• mgaretz
    commented on 's reply
    Personally I own a Babylock Enterprise 10 needle, a Brother 4500D single needle, a Babylock Decorators Choice sewing machine, a serger and a cover hem machine.

I don't teach how to use the machines, but how to use the embroidery and quilting software, stabilizers, thread and other related products.

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, Barry, I feel better now. The "inspiration wall" with the king size quilt-in-progress is in a guest room and my kids comment on it every time they come to visit. One of these days I'll get 'er done!

...and a Bernina 750QE? niiiiiice! lucky wife.

Mark, way kewl. Floriani is the thread/software/supplies company, but what machine(s) do you work with?

Kathryn
    Last edited by fzxdoc; March 5, 2015, 11:22 AM.

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    mgaretz Wow Mark that is neat. I don't sew or quilt but I just got the wife a new Bernina 750 QE to replace her Pfaff 2775?? and she has been a quilter for decades.

fzxdoc two years is not a long time to have a particular quilt be idle. Both my wife and daughter are quilters and there friends and sometimes it is a decade or more. Depends on the mood. Oh, I have learned a lot about them over the years.

• mgaretz
    commented on 's reply
    The quilting I teach is primarily done on the embroidery machine, piece in the hoop style. It's also the only way my quilts turn out well! The brand I work for is Floriani.

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Ohmigosh, Mark, I do a bit of both--machine embroidery mostly for gifts and an occasional embellishment on a garment, and quilting, although I have an unfinished king size quilt that has been staring at me for over 2 years as it hangs on my "inspiration wall".

Quilting is not as appealing to me because of the fussiness of matching seams every 2 inches or so (my quilt is entirely made of 2.5 inch triangles). I much prefer building clothes.

What a small world.

Kathryn

• mgaretz
    replied
    Being on the road a good bit of each month, I eat out a lot. When I'm home I prefer to cook and eat there.

Leave a comment:

• mgaretz
    commented on 's reply
    I am a machine embroidery and quilting instructor!

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Ditto that. Sometimes it doesn't work, though, with hungry faces staring at me, so I soldier on...

Kathryn

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Karon, I am indeed a lifelong fiberholic. My main hobby is sewing because I love designing and wearing pretty clothes and I sew for our girls as well. I also own two knitting machines and two looms. Add avid interests in cooking as well as reading (I read about 10 books a month), and there is not enough play time built into the week. My only salvation is that I'm an insomniac and get lots done in the wee hours of the morning.

Kathryn

• richinlbrg
    replied
    We rarely eat out, but get take out and bring it home. Just too tired at the end of the day. We cook more on weekends so we have leftovers during the week. When the leftovers are gone, it'll either be something quick and easy or take-out. And we both love to cook, and are reasonable good cooks.

Leave a comment:

• FLBuckeye
    replied
    The bad part of me eating out is that I was in the restaurant business for a LONG time. I am hyper critical of a lot of things i.e. mediocre service, less than clean rest rooms, etc. My wife knows this and rolls her eyes a lot when I make my snide comments. I also think I can produce better food than the vast majority of restaurants at a much better price point. Plus the fact that I LOVE to cook weighs heavily in our going out to eat decisions.

Leave a comment:

• Guy
    commented on 's reply
    Me too any day.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis