Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Often?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Often?

A point of interest for me. How often do you folks cook on your outside equipment? I was just curious. and, at the risk of being sexist, how does gender break down, here? Looks like it is mostly guys, at least the folks who are active.

When I was serving my exile in Atlanta, one of the things that sealed the deal on the home we bought was the fact that there was a natural gas fueled grill in the back yard. a large screened in back deck with a gorgeous view f the back side of Stone Mountain didn't hurt, either.

We cooked on that at a minimum twice a week. of course, we were still young and getting started so it wasn't anything fancy. it was a very basic grill and we rarely did more than just grilled chicken. HWMO did most of the grill work, back then. I was doing all the kitchen stuff. but we used the heck out of that grill. especially in the summer when we just didn't want to heat up the house.

At that point, we hadn't begun to smoke and had not even considered it. not at first. but I did begin my smoke career there shortly before we moved back. I set up a really BAD smoker setup for my Thanksgiving turkey. happily, it still came out delicious. that was my start in the smoke world.

But I wondered how much of your family's diet is produce al fresco. I have seen some BEAUTIFUL dishes on this page. some things I would never have known were doable much less how good they would be, from the grill/smoker. Such exciting things!!

I try to smoke / grill on my Yoder at least once a week; more if I can find the time between family and work demands. I'm a guy, but the wife does yummy sides and deserts in her dutch ovens. Overall I'd say we're pretty consistent at it.

Comment

• chudzikb
      chudzikb commented
      Editing a comment
      I am with jragle, about once a week on average, sometimes more. Better odds in the summer, but, winter does not prevent the once a week cadence.

chudzikb Absolutely weather is not a deterrent for smoking meat. Here's a pic of my grill before last Sunday's smoked yardbird and reverse seared steaks. Snow....it not scare me!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	KIzK01E.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	67854

Comment

When I'm on vacation, I use my Weber for nearly every meal, but with a 11 hour day during the week, its too much to fire it up every night. So typically I use my Weber about 2-3 times a week, and my PBC at at least once every two weeks.

Comment

At least once a week. In an ideal world, I'd be out there 5 out of 7 days.

Comment

Don't know how large this photo will be. But jragle made me think of this so I wanted to post it. if someone wants to drop me an e-mail, I'll give it to you to post at a size that wont blind people! Click image for larger version

Name:	Angry BBQ.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	67860

Comment

• Ray
            Ray commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey, it worked! too funny...

WHADDAYAKNOW!!!

Comment

At least once a week. Mostly weekends though.

Comment

Personally not enough. That said no less that twice a week.

Comment

When I'm home and if the weather permits I'll cook outside everyday.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
              PaulstheRibList commented
              Editing a comment
              You are my new hero

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm glad that I'm somebody's hero

Before my gas grill died I would grill several times a week, so quick and easy to brine/marinate some chicken or make a batch of veggie patties on the weekend for week night dinners and then grill them up each night. My One Touch produces awesome food, but it is a pain to fire up on a random week night.

Comment

I usually grill at least once a week in bad weather, during the spring and summer 3-4 days.

Comment

Twice a week is about right for me. More sometimes. Occasionally less if I have a lot going on at the restaurant. This consists of grilling, smoking, and large volume wok cooking. During the harvest season, we'll have outdoor heat sources going all day and part of the night for days. Good times.

Comment

Much more than I used to since I got a smoker at home. But still not as often as others. I like to grill on the gasser fairly frequently in the nice weather. When at my vacation home I grill everyt day and try to smoke at least once every time I'm there.

Comment

At least twice a week, often more.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  Rubs Promo
                  Meat-Up in Memphis