Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I shot six holes in my freezer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shot six holes in my freezer

(with apologies to Mr Buffett) I think i got cabin fever, somebody sound the alarm. The only solution... Brisket. I have a beautiful but small HOF (from Costco, Prime $8.99/lb) in the fridge... thawed and salted, just waiting for me to get home. I must remember to take a picture of it and post it here, as the marbling in this thing is mouthwatering. The temps outside should be in the 20's this weekend with the possibility of up to 2" of snow... but i can't stand it anymore. I gotta just cook something!! Simple S&P rub only, and should there be leftovers, I think i'll chunk it up and add to a pot of chili. C'mon, spring!
    Last edited by CurlingDog; March 2, 2015, 06:24 AM.

We all do it LOL... a few weeks ago I smoked a Pork Butt when it 0 degrees!! So worth it! I'm craving steak right now and we have 24 degrees on the forecast for tomorrow

That's grilling weather!

Cam

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      16ºF here and a pork butt in the smoker as I type. Go for it CD!

Just to watch it die? =)

Comment

You either need to cook something or get a boat drink and fly to St. Somewhere!

Comment

Only 6 holes? Time to reload and finish the job.

65 degrees and sunny here in Hermosa Beach. It's always time to Q.
        Last edited by Breadhead; February 27, 2015, 04:58 PM.

Comment

JMHO, but every weather condition, with the exception to high wind, is grilling and smoking weather. Just sayin.

Comment

Rich,
            Heavy rain, and as I recently discovered, heavy snow can both put a damper on grilling and smoking, particularly if it wasn't on the weather forecast.

Comment

I haven't stopped any of my smoking activities just because it's winter. I just wear different amounts of clothing depending on what month it is

Comment

• DWCowles
                DWCowles commented
                Editing a comment
                I haven't stop but I have slow down

jeffJ, I hear ya. I just put the blanket on the smoker to keep my temp. Not as much fun when you get drenched though.

Comment

Mid 20's and 6" snow on ground for over a week now. I cooking Ribs and Chicken wings tomorrow. It's been too long.

Comment

It's 20 degrees here today and I am smoking 4 slabs of baby backs.

Comment

@JeffJ that is not a bad temp for your location! ENJOY!

Comment

Grab a boat drink and keep on smokin! GREAT tune Dog.

Comment

Your garage is there for a reason, a place to cook in when the weather is not cooperating. Proper ventilation is a must, but, otherwise, it works very well.

Comment

Brisket success. A small brisket is a breeze after having done one about twice this size. It's been said before, a high quality cut of meat will do wonders to your success rate. And thankfully the snow gods were delayed (till Tomorrow anyway) and all i had to contend with were low-mid 20's and light SW winds (under 10mph). 4lbs was enough for dinner last night, my lunch today and about a lb for the Chili pot. Brisket chili... yum!
                          Last edited by CurlingDog; March 2, 2015, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          Rubs Promo
                          Meat-Up in Memphis