Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House of Marshmallows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House of Marshmallows

OK, folkses, I made two batches of Marshmallows this morning. these (for a change) are for ME! I'm done for at least today and probably tomorrow. House of Cards Season 3 was released at Midnight so I'm going to go lust after Kevin Spacey for a couple of days. If HeWhoMustObey wants to eat, he's gonna have to go buy some burgers. my ever widening backside is gonna be sitting here watching Netflix. I can claim it is BBQ related! I'm trying to discern the Rib Recipe! (No slow bled hogs, though, thank you)

Funny, enjoy your rest.

Comment

Karon, I don't know how any one could be hungry in your house.

Comment

• Karon Adams
        Karon Adams commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, you guys only hear about the dishes that turn out well! Trust me, there are times, especially when my illness gets the better of me that I can't cook. sometimes for weeks at a time. then comes summer. the garden goes in (I HAVE to get the seeds started!) the bees wake (and 4 new hives being installed this year, I lost my hives last year because I was ill) and I spend the summer in my solar power plant (otherwise known as the garden). by August I will be chasing cars down the street, pelting them with squash, zucchini, peppers and tomatoes. January & February are the months when I get to enjoy cooking. it's my window between holiday gift cooking and spring planting and bee care.

OK, all, Marshmallow pics! I made my two favorites, Vanilla and Hot Cinnamon. the Hot Cinnamon is flavored with LorAnn Candy Oil, maybe 1/4-1/3 dram. that stuff is POTENT! and it led to my very first independent business. when I was 6 years old, I bought a box of flat toothpicks and a bottle of cinnamon flavor oil. soaked the toothpicks in the cinnamon and took them to school. I sold those tooth picks for a dime each or three for a quarter. I made a FORTUNE! Lot of pocket money in the eyes of a 6 year old!

Anyway, These Marshmallows are flavored with Candy Oil and the color, including the little red bits is from a box of Red Hot Candies whopped through a food processor to make powder and small powder. the longer the marshmallows hang around, the softer those candy bits become as the moisture migrates into them.

I can't remember if I posted the recipe for the marshmallows. if I haven't, I'll be happy to do so. Click image for larger version

Name:	Marshmallow.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	67051 Click image for larger version

Name:	Marshmallows close.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	67052

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis