Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

Rough winter, prayers requested Karon Adams original post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • klflowers
    Club Member
    • Sep 2015
    • Tennessee

Rough winter, prayers requested Karon Adams original post

I originally posted this as a reply to Karon Adams original post, but I figured I should post it again as a new thread. I talked with Karon a little while ago, and Y is out of surgery and in recovery. The surgery went well, and while he won't be able to leave the hospital tomorrow as they hoped, he is doing good. On Karon's behalf, I would like to thank all of you for your good wishes and prayers. You guys are an amazing extended family.
  • RonB
    Club Member
    • Apr 2016
    • Near Richmond VA
    • Weber Performer Deluxe
      SNS
      Pizza insert
      Rotisserie
      Smokenator 1000
      Cookshack Smokette Elite
      2 Thermapens
      Chefalarm
      Dot
      lots of probes.
      CyberQ

I'm happy to hear the surgery went well. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery Karon Adams .

Comment

• Steve R.
      Club Member
      • Jul 2016
      • Elizabethtown, KY
      • Current line-up of cookers: Weber 26" kettle w/ SnS and BBQ Guru adapter; Weber Smokey Mountain 22" w/ Guru adapter.

Thanks for taking the time to visit one of our own going through a tough time, and also providing an update, klflowers. Things like this don't make the news, but they do make a big difference.

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Unfortunately I was not able to get to the hospital - who schedules meetings on Friday mornings, for pete's sake - but I did get to talk with Karon on the phone a couple of times.

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear you on the Friday morning meetings. But you still did the next best thing, klflowers.
    • Karon Adams
      Charter Member
      • Feb 2015
      • Chattanooga TN
      • Karon Adams
        Consort of the Flame
        Cooking is a Sacred Endeavour
        Big Poppa's Drum conversion
        Maverick wireless meat & grill thermometers
        Thermopen Instant Read Thermometer
        Pit IQ blower

with GREAT appreciation to Kevin, I'll let you guys know He's settled in his room, I'm at home and going to bed. I was at the hospital for 12 hours, his surgery went 5. but I have to say, having Kevin call was a great boon. we have some of THE best folks in this group. I love you all!

Comment

• Hulagn1971
        Charter Member
        • Dec 2014
        • NC, The Triad
        • WSM 22.5", Pitmaster IQ110, Weber 22.5" Kettle with SNS, Weber 14" Smokey Joe.

This is great news!

Comment

• NapMaster
          Club Member
          • Jan 2019
          • Denham Springs, LA
          • WebberSummitGold6burnerLP, ShotGunSmoker

Avid Armor Vacuum Sealer

Fantastic news!!!

Comment

• AmosMoses01
            Club Member
            • Jun 2018
            • Round Rock, TX
            • New Orleans born, Mississippi raised, empty nester, living in Central Texas for 20+ years - looking to buy my first pellet smoker. Awed by the info on this site already!

Glad to hear the good report, praying for continued great reports of recovery!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
            See more
            See less
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Meat-Up in Memphis