Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

What have I done???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    I also smoked some short ribs and some sausage that went in. An hour or so at 180 on the Grilla, and then into the pot. I think I did it outside the Breville Fast/Slow and in my dutch oven. But, if it would have fit, it would've worked nicely.

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    Potkettleblack One of my favorite dishes from childhood was ragu with spareribs. There's just something about the rendered fat etc mixed in with some long, thin spaghetti. Don't do it often around here, but it's a treat.

And I like the pre-smoking idea!

• Nightrayne
    commented on 's reply
    Exactly! It's... for the children!

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    I’m not opposed. I used some ribs in my ragu, so it’s not like I’m against. Of course, i smoked them before putting them in the braise pot.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Ahh, Hail, Brother...

I'd say, post pics, either way, an tell us why/how it worked out fine, or didn't...

Lotsa folks with IP's, here; reckon we all wanna know th results...

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    The terrorists didn't exactly win, but they were encouraged by this.

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Or maybe like sous vide ‘n em. Oops! I hope...... 🕶

• MBMorgan
    replied
    My 39-year old son posted an IP rib cook from a couple of days ago. He said it was good (I'm dubious). The recipe (HERE) incorporates a bit of instant smoke (as wisely suggested by Potkettleblack ) which must have helped at least a bit. Still dubious though ...

Pics from his cook:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Erics IP.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	425.8 KB
ID:	623714

Name:	Erics ribs for the IP.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	643.6 KB
ID:	623715

Name:	Erics IP with Ribs.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	623716

Name:	Erics IP ribs done.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	680.6 KB
ID:	623717

I'll wait and give it a try (in the IP we received from son and DIL for Xmas) one of those fine Colorado days when the rain/hail/snow (or all 3 during an 8 hour period) is falling sideways. I'll post pics if it works ... or sheepishly sweep the whole thing under the carpet if it doesn't.

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    So his education can move through progressively more challenging stages!

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    Yep, may as well teach him early!

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    I guess the militas won, instead of the terrorists... ;-)

• TechSmoker
    commented on 's reply
    It actually is more like steaming them. There are not submerged. They sit up on a rack over a nice pool of apple juice.

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    If you really wanted to mess with the kid, you could have thrown a drop or two of liquid smoke in the instant pot.

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    I got some bad news for you Steve. The Instant Pot boils them.

• TechSmoker
    commented on 's reply
    They actually didn't turn out too bad. They were nowhere near as good as if they were done on the smoker but there weren't any scraps leftover. Finishing them under the broiler made a huge difference.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}