Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

Refrigerator musings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    Also, 37° is about perfect to keep small items from freezing when the fridge cycles on. I kerp my main fridge at 37°, and freezer at -5°. The deep freeze is a totally different story though.

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Fill several milk jugs with water and stick them in the fridge for thermal mass, that should help with the fluctuations a bit and keep it from cycling as often.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Sounds like you got a new spot for your meats!

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Here is the post where I talked about the shop:

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...workers-please

• Donw
    replied
    Muse away, but I want to hear more about this wood shop you speak of! 😀

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    started a topic Refrigerator musings.

Refrigerator musings.

As I have posted before, I am converting the small house on the back of our property to a wood shop. There is a stove and a refrigerator in it and I have been using the refrigerator's freezer for meat storage. I defrosted a very nice chuckie in it and started the curing process for corned beef.

I had the thought that I should check the temp in the the refrigerator to make sure it was cold enough. So I put the Chef Alarm in it, waited a while for the refrigerator to cycle on and off, and then zeroed the max/min feature. I let it run overnight without opening the door and the temp fluctuated between 32* and 41*. However, I needed to know what the meat temp would be, so I places a glass of water in it and let the water cool down. I then let it run overnight. The result was that the water remained at a steady 37*. I'm satisfied, but may make a very slight adjustment to see if I can get it to 35* or 36*.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Meat-Up in Memphis