Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sale of AmazingRibs.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sale of AmazingRibs.com

Has there been any discussion on the sale of AmazingRibs?

IQ I've sent this question to Meathead. Where did you hear the news?

Comment

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      I just posted the news to our home page. Deal is done. It is official. I am one happy cook!

BBQ Central Radio. The interview starts at about 17 minutes in.

http://thebbqcentralshow.com/februar...icial-archive/

Comment

• IrondeQuer
      IrondeQuer commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not seeing any news and nothing from Rupari Foods yet.

I hope it works as well as he thinks, I do consulting for companies like Rupari...

Edit: by companies like Rupari I mean 2 things, companies bought out by private equity and companies trying to sell in retail environments.
    Last edited by _John_; February 11, 2015, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• IrondeQuer
      IrondeQuer commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm. I sense some apprehension there, John. I'm hoping too.

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      So you have an idea what the negotiations were like! Whoever said the devil is in the details wasn't kidding.

Sell? The website has been a great tutorial for me...and I just became a member. Would there be big changes?

Comment

• IrondeQuer
      IrondeQuer commented
      Editing a comment
      I doubt big changes for the website. Meathead noted he still has a budget fully under his control and I doubt he would let it lose its relevance. Not sure he'll get real ribs in Rupari's 'ribs' though.

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      Only for the better! I have complete autonomy. And I have financial backup!

Kind of hoping this is not true.

Comment

• IrondeQuer
      IrondeQuer commented
      Editing a comment
      It's definitely true, although I don't think it will affect the website.

I'm assuming that Meathead is the owner and I'd hate to lose his continuing presence - BUT I hope he makes a LOT of money (and the rest of you mods too...)

Comment

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      I was the owner. I am now only the President. And my hope is that it will free me up to be more present.

• dprice
      dprice commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations! Glad this worked out for you, and thanks for all the help. You've provided my family with a lot of delicious meals!

Yeah I can't hardly blame a guy for wanting to get paid for his efforts and long hard work. It is the American Way. Just hate to loose Meathead's presence.

Comment

Well - listening to the interview is seems Meathead will still be involved....wishing the best for him and Amazingribs...

Comment

• IrondeQuer
        IrondeQuer commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, that was my understanding too.

Michael Shackleford sold Wizard of Odds and Wizard of Vegas last year, and the sites and forums have remained exactly the same. The only difference is that The Wizard was rewarded for his vision. The same should hold true for Meathead.

Comment

Good for him, it sounds like an interesting transition, I hope the changes are seamless.

Is it just me or is it ironic that MH will be helping them develop "leftovers" (heat and eat), when he seems so passionate about NOT serving leftovers. At least that is how I've interpreted comments from him regarding reheating BBQ.

Comment

• Meathead
          Meathead commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL. Yes, that is my challenge! But I have learned that there are ways to improve. Look, pre-cooked BBQ is never going to be as good as fresh off the pit, but most restaurants have their meats sitting around for hours anyway. And sometimes, on a TUE night in the blizzard, when you get a craving for ribs, hopefully we can give you something close to home made.

As for seamless, the worst part so far has been moving the financial records over, closing bank accounts, and all the paperwork. And let's not discuss the stack o docs in the sale agreement.

• OGMrWhite
          OGMrWhite commented
          Editing a comment
          It has been said already on this thread, but you do have your work cut out for you. I have a feeling they picked the right man for the job.

I just hope they add a little "Meathead approved" brand to the packaging so when I'm walking down the store aisle in the future and see it staring at me in the face I'll be inclined to try some store bought "leftovers" ;-p.

The only thing that sucks about this is that Meathead will now have a boss. LOL
        Other than that, this is what America is all about. CHING CHING!!

Comment

I would be cool with accepting a large amount of cash for a boss. In that case, if you really hate the new boss, you can quit and either start spectacularbrisket.com or just do whatever the heck you feel like for the rest of your life. Good on him if he does decide to sell, that's capitalism and he earned every penny if he does decide to cash out!

Comment

I guess I'll keep a wait and see attitude here. Meathead has worked long and hard on this "baby" that we all currently enjoy, and I for one,give him props and kudos. It's MH's prerogative to do what he wants, as he has earned his "world" through a ton of work. Having said that, we'll see what happens over time, if the bean counters start exerting undue influence on what happens here. I've seen it happen many times. Whether it happens here? Time will tell. Yes, I'm a cynic, and yes, I might seem "paranoid," however I've seen first hand what many private equity sales do to the companies involved. I hope this situation is but a minor glitch and "hiccup" to what we all enjoy here, but I will also be vigilant for any shenanigans too.

Comment

Strat, I have seen it too many times. But then again that is American Capitalism. The best there is.

Comment

• Strat50
                Strat50 commented
                Editing a comment
                Agreed. It's how the new folks decide to run things which will decide whether our "baby" here is viable. No more, no less. We'll let our free market decide.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo
            Meat-Up in Memphis