Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the story behind your "Screen" Name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the story behind your "Screen" Name?

Just for fun. How did you come up with your user name here at the forum? What does it mean?

Me? Its my name so I know I wont forget it. Now what was my password again... hehehehe

For me, it was just my usual blazing creativity. My name is Richard, and I live in the town of Leesburg, so I am Rich in Leesburg (abbreviated) in case I forget where I live.

Comment

My middle name is Stone, and everyone calls me Stoney, so its basically just my name.

Comment

• Papa Bob
        Papa Bob commented
        Editing a comment
        do they call you Stoney or Stoner?

i use oak as my base wood and i love the smoky flav of bbq

Comment

Cool post idea Jon!

I used to have Siberian huskies, and I would take my male, Starbuck, with me in his cage in the back of my truck. As obvious as those dogs are, people would still inevitably ask me what kind of dog he was. I though 'I should get a rear window decal that says Husky so people will stop asking me that'. Then I thought I should get a personalized license plate instead. "Husky" was taken, so "Huskee" became my plate, and still is all these years later. Spelling names with two Es is a family trait on my wife's side, so that fit well.

Then it became my screen name for various online things, then my BBQ name. I used to be heavier than I am now, but I am still a tad husky so Huskee fits well on a couple levels. No one calls me that in real life though, except Meathead, because I call him Meathead.

Comment

• allsid
          allsid commented
          Editing a comment
          Great story man! I wondered about your name myself-

• Beefchop
          Beefchop commented
          Editing a comment
          Since you are from Michigan, I just assumed you were a Michigan Tech grad!

My name doesn't really have much of a story behind it.

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          I think things have changed a bit.

• Elton's BBQ
          Elton's BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Indeed.. :-)

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL, true dat!

When my grand-daughter was born, someone commented that her daddy (my son) looked like me, except for my (fuzzy) beard. So my grand-daughter calls me FuzzyDaddy and most of my family does too.

Comment

My initials (DEW) which is also my nickname (Dew or Dewey), my professional suffix (Esq) and my birth year. DEW

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            For the longest time I read this as "Dewe's Q 55"

John is my name... Not very interesting except I have traced my family back to the 1500's, there are John's the whole way down.

Comment

I am 6'5" 225 lbs and love to BBQ, pretty straightforward!
            Last edited by bbqoaf; March 2, 2015, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm just seeing this post for the first time. I see you're a little guy. Bet you don't get that too often. And I'm the little one in my family at 6'7" 265 lbs. maybe with my extra girth I should have gone with bbqLOAF. Haha.

Deuce has been my nickname since I was a kid. It's from wearing #2 on my jerseys in every sport I played.

Comment

I am a big rock and roll fan and also have a kawasaki cruiser. When I got my doctorate, my buddy that went to several concerts with me started calling me Dr. Rock. When I bought my bike there was a Riders of Kawasaki forum that I participated in. Combined the two to come up with Dr. ROK which is what I have on my bike license plate.

Comment

• Medusa
                Medusa commented
                Editing a comment
                Rolling Stones

• Dr ROK
                Dr ROK commented
                Editing a comment
                Seen the boys about 16 or 17 times. The Mrs & I argue about the actual number. She thinks I forgot about one. If you've ever been to a Stones concert you'll understand how this could have easily happened

• ofelles
                ofelles commented
                Editing a comment
                Product of the 60's in the SF Bay Area. So there are many concerts I am told I attended! Remember snippets of some 😎✌ Opp's just noticed how old the thread is, just another 60's moment!
                Last edited by ofelles; January 15, 2020, 08:16 PM.

Twas a transfer from the main site. Apparently JARED was spelled JEROD in the 70's. Surname, a result of that "eastern French speaking Canadians exiled" thing, in the early 18th century.
              Last edited by Jerod Broussard; February 7, 2015, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                So wait... your name is actually Jared??

Mine is a play on my last name which my old poker buddies used to call me. It just happens to be appropriate for this site.

Comment

• allsid
                allsid commented
                Editing a comment
                Kind of sounds like something from that song "It was a crazy game of Poker"

I've had mine (without the OG) since the early 90's. It comes from Reservoir Dogs. Back in the day I played Doom2 a LOT and was assigned the nickname by some friends I played with. Ever since Breaking Bad came out MrWhite is a difficult name to acquire, so I tend to go with OGMrWhite.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis