Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

Prep table too short?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonB
    Club Member
    • Apr 2016
    • Near Richmond VA
    • Weber Performer Deluxe
      SNS
      Pizza insert
      Rotisserie
      Smokenator 1000
      Cookshack Smokette Elite
      2 Thermapens
      Chefalarm
      Dot
      lots of probes.
      CyberQ

Prep table too short?

Here's a tip I picked up in Wilmington NC while with OBR:

If your folding prep table is too short, get a piece of pvc pipe that will fit over the legs and cut four pieces to the length and fit one over each leg.

A little more detail - all the folding tables I have seen have a cross bar that runs between two legs. The pvc extensions when fit over the legs will stop when they hit the cross bars.. So set the table up and measure how much higher you want the table to be. Let's say that measurement is 5". Measure the distance from the bottom of the cross bar to the end of the leg and add 5" to make your cuts. Then place the pieces of pvc over each leg and you are done.

If your uncut piece of pvc is long enough, you might want to cut the extensions a bit longer to start with just to make sure they work. It's easier to cut them shorter than it is to make them longer.
  • Nate
    Banned Former Member
    • Apr 2015
    • Quarantined

I’ve done this and put pvc caps on the end.

or

You can cut the bottom section at a 45 degree angle and rotate the pvc to be able to level it on uneven ground.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Smart!
  • Jerod Broussard
    • Jun 2014
    • East Texas
    • Pit Barrel Cooker "Texas Brisket Edition"
      Weber One Touch Premium Copper 22" Kettle (gift)
      Slow 'n Sear for 22" Kettle
      Weber One Touch Premium Black 26" Kettle (gift)
      Slow 'n Sear XL for 26" Kettle (gift)
      Weber Smokey Joe Gold
      Weber Rapid Fire Chimney
      Vortex
      Maverick ET-732 White
      Maverick ET-732 Copper
      2- Auber SYL-1615 fan systems(Awesome!!!!!!!!)
      Thermoworks Thermapen w/ Back light (gift)
      Thermoworks Timestick
      Cambro Model 300MPC110 w/ Winco SS Pans
      B & B and Kingsford Charcoal
      B & B Pellets

Ya got pictures??

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't think to take pictures, but Nate might have some.
  • Nate
    Banned Former Member
    • Apr 2015
    • Quarantined

RonB , great advice on this and I think it is absolutely awesome that you got to go volunteer with OBR. As much as I would be willing to volunteer... I hope I never have to because it means something bad has happened close to home.

Jerod Broussard as far as pics I don’t have any on hand and the stuff is buried in the garage right now... didn’t get a chance to compete this year and that is when I use them.

I have just regular pvc caps I put over the bottoms where the pvc touches the ground to try to keep dirt and mud out. On the top side I tried cutting the pvc at a 45 degree angle so you could turn it and it would adjust the height of the table slightly which helps if you are on uneven ground. The legs have to have a bend in them for this to work. This kind of works for the 6’ resin tables where the two legs are just one bar bent in an kind of U shape since it gives something for the angle to work with. Although... you don’t want to jar the table a lot. The little 4’ table I have has 4 independent legs and that trick doesn’t work.

I got the idea a year or so back on another forum when I was researching about adjustable tables because the bending over to do prep, pull pork, etc was killing my back.

*apologies for linking to another forum. I can delete if needed.... for reference and credit as to where the idea came from.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
    See more
    See less
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}