Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Super Bowl Spread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Super Bowl Spread Thread

If this has been started elsewhere feel free to redirect me. Here are my brisket and pork butts getting happy in rubs that are loosely based on BBBR and MMD, and here is the Weber one touch fired up at 430 am at -17c (1.4f). I will post pics of the final product when complete.
    Attached Files

Right on bbqloaf!

I have 3 huge chicken breasts marinating in Greek marinade and 3 more in a Hawaiian (pineapple-soy) that have been chilling in the fridge almost 24 hours. They will be cooked on the Kettle wit the Vortex. After using the Vortex with chicken I don't think any other method works better (and is also jam-up for reverse searing steaks).

I also have a nice 4 lb bottom round roast dry brining that will be oiled and rubbed with some homemade Greek seasonings. Plan on cooking that bad boy on the PBC until about 200-205 for some nice pulled beef.

To go with both I have some home made Tzaziki sauce. MMMMMMMMMM

I have a recipe for authentic home made pitas (http://www.halfbakedharvest.com/trad...ek-pita-bread/), but I'll probably just pick up some fresh Toufayan's from the store on the way home from work.

Paired with all of this goodness is a huge dish of MH's Greek potatoes!

At the end of the day I probably won't watch the game since by the time it comes on after my bed time (I have to be at work @ 4am, so usually in bed by 8-9pm).

I really could careless about the teams playing, but I guess I'll stick with the NFC even though IMHO the Seahawks are a bunch of divas - LOL. But I suppose the Pats have their fair share of divas and crybabies (and cheats).

And since they now show the (mostly stupid) commercials for a month prior to the SB, there is really nothing to miss.

Yes - I am grumpy cat in regards to the Super Bowl:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	58798
    Last edited by HC in SC; February 1, 2015, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm with Grumpy Cat, but, being a NY-er at the core, I hate the Patriots more.

• Locotech
      Locotech commented
      Editing a comment
      Been a Jet fan since Broadway Joe. can't be a Pats fan...go Seahawks..

Dad and my brother want the Seahawks to get crushed. I'm impartial.

It might be wrapping up when I get out of church tonight.

Good luck on y'all's cooks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have a 16lb pork butt on since last night (my first overnight) and 3 racks of baby backs ready to go on in another hour.
      All seasoned with Meathead's Memphis Dust. Expecting most of my son's junior hockey team so we still might have to send out for pizza. These 18 yr old ice hockey players can eat.
      I'm also with Grumpy Cat but I guess even a NY Giant fan really can never root for the Pats!!! Can't remember a Super Bowl where everyone I ask is deciding which team they dislike less...
      Anyway ENJOY THE BBQ

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm also a big NY Giants fan, Dix Hills. But I still hate The Cheater and his team. (I DID love him when he was our DC and we were the best half-time adjusting team in the league, though) ;-D

Name:	DSC_0371.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	58864 Go Seahawks
      Attached Files

Comment

• Guy
        Guy commented
        Editing a comment
        DW do you wrap your prob wires with foil? Never heard that. Does anyone else do that?? Are they not made well enough to stand the heat??

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        The foil might help keep the wires and probes a little cleaner during a long smokey cook, but it's certainly not necessary. i don't use foil personally. I gotta admit it looks pretty cool though.

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Guy some times I do and sometimes I don't. Like PB stated it helps to keep them clean and protects the cable from getting pinch when the door is close.

I'm a Cardinals fan but I want the Seahawks to win today... For selfish reasons. Russell Wilson's rookie contract is over after today. He has been making $550,000 per season for the last 3 years. If Seattle has to negotiate with a 25 year old QB that has 2 Super Bowl rings I'd say he gets somewhere around $20,000,000 per year. Then they have Marshawn Lynch to deal with also. His contract is up next year. So... The days of having RW working cheaply are over. Will they have the money to keep that great defense together? I doubt it.

Comment

Superbowl ribs. 6 racks of St.loius style and 2 racks of beefbacks. Almost ready for the sauce.

Name:	20150201_132912_HDR.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	58881

Comment

Having grown up in Massachusetts as a Patriots fan, but now a 40 year Seattle resident, I guess I have a win-win thing going. But really, I do want the Seahawks to win!

I'm only contributing a little to the Seahawks party today, 3 racks of SL done with MMD. Into the PBC around 9:30 with a handful of hickory chips, and it's running at about 260F today with the cover closed and 45F ambient and of course our Seattle drizzle!

GO HAWKS !

Name:	IMG_4489[1].JPG
Views:	61
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	58883

Name:	IMG_4491[1].JPG
Views:	61
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	58884

Name:	IMG_4492[1].JPG
Views:	80
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	58885

Name:	20150201_170921.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	59131
          Attached Files
          Last edited by BruceB; February 2, 2015, 01:53 AM.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            The sliced rib shot is a beautiful thing!

• BruceB
            BruceB commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! The group seemed to think it was one of my best efforts. The PBC held nicely at around 250-260F with the cover fully closed, and I used some hickory chips for more smoke.

Nothing exciting here. Put three BBR racks on this morning.. Crutched them a while ago. I noticed that the temp did not come back up as I expected after closing the lid, so I went out to check it. Answer = sudden sleet storm.

WSM is all snuggled in its blanket:

Name:	020115 Smoke.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	58961

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Is the one-legged red man a maverick???

• richinlbrg
            richinlbrg commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, Jerod, it is.
            Last edited by richinlbrg; February 3, 2015, 03:11 PM.

Can't get to the PBC, so doing the baby backs on the Primo. Wings on the Weber gasser later to break in my new GrillGrates. We're in MA, but rooting for the Seahawks! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0928.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	58971 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0926.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	58970
          Attached Files

Comment

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Way to go!

• bbqoaf
            bbqoaf commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks like where I live, love Qing in a northern winter!

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Carol you folks can't catch a break with that snow!

Finished. Was a nice smooth run today. Best temp control I've had yet.

​ Click image for larger version

Name:	020115 smoke 2.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	59019

Comment

My PBC worked overtime today with 10lbs of beef chucky. Sammies (Philly steak: pulled beef, onions, peppers and cheese) and spicy 3 alarm chili made with more of the pulled beef are being downed with many beers by friends and DH as we speak. All done just in time for kickoff.

It was a good day to smoke--high 40s/low 50s and no wind.

Kathryn

Comment

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              No Cheese Whiz, John. I guess that makes it an unauthentic Philly Steak Sammie.

I had an assortment of cheeses available. Most folks liked either the white cheddar or the provolone.

Kathryn

• _John_
              _John_ commented
              Editing a comment
              It's weird, but I like Mexican Queso Blanco on mine. No mushrooms.

• troymeister
              troymeister commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow sounds absolutely fabulous!! Pics??

I'm going for Lynch, BEAST MODE! I despise both teams

Comment

Perfect Pork Chops. Truffled oven brown potatoes, Sesame Asparagus.

16" of snow, backs broken from shoveling, 25+ mph wind in the Chicago area. No party. Super Bowl and quiet dinner for two. Preparing for the 4:30AM Monday morning alarm

Go Seahawks!!!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                I get up just a tad before you. Lot less snow. Might have some frost on the windshield.
                LOVE pork chops. I grilled some thin ones over the Vortex the other night.

• _John_
                _John_ commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks good, snow sucks though. I am the only one in the house that likes asparagus, fortunately I can eat a family portion.

• richinlbrg
                richinlbrg commented
                Editing a comment
                I guess I've gotten old, but that sounds like a wonderful day, except for the broken backs. We didn't have any snow, but b/c my wife hurt her back a while ago, it was just us. Liked it better that way! LOL

Comment

• fzxdoc
                fzxdoc commented
                Editing a comment
                Need details! Looks awesome, Steve.

Kathryn

• smarkley
                smarkley commented
                Editing a comment
                Kathryn the Dutch Oven thing has its own thread here

http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...nd-black-beans

That Pizza thing was a pizza cake with multiple layers... it was decimated before I could get a pic .... grrrrr

• fzxdoc
                fzxdoc commented
                Editing a comment
                It was that pizza cake that I was curious about, Steve. It looks like quite the tasty dish!

K.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo
            Meat-Up in Memphis