Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

From our kitchen window.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    Wow!

• Bogy
    commented on 's reply
    That was in the time I still hunted. Now, I just hope my knees hold up so I can walk out to the car.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Jus livin amid all that wildlife, an sharin habitat with them exponentially outweighs any meat harvest that one could potentially reap, in my eyes...

• Bogy
    replied
    That first picture in the OP made me reminiscent. I served a church in St. Louis County in Missouri for six years. Right above the Missouri river valley. Church and parsonage were on a ridge that was the second highest point in the County, although I now see they list themselves as being on the highest point. Maybe some developer graded down the highest point to plant houses. Anyway, we sat on 25 acres, about 3/4 of which were still woods. Neighbor had 25 acres and horses. We had kitchen windows that were almost floor to ceiling. Twice a day the deer would come out of the woods behind us and cut across our backyard to go visit the horses, and their pond and salt lick. Neighbor on the road in front of us fed the wild turkeys, and twice a day they checked out the bird feeders outside out windows on their way from the woods to that neighbor. We were just a few miles from a state park, and had a steady flow of all kinds of songbirds. Then there were the raccoons, fox, coyotes, and other smaller animals that came through the yard. We were surrounded by subdivisions, and it had the most wildlife of anywhere I ever lived. Seriously thought of taking out the windows and getting a bow. But my wife wouldn't let me.

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    Bambi!

• Spinaker
    replied
    This is a pretty common sight in the winter at the place I stay at outside of Livingston. Pretty much every night the elk come down from the Absaroka Mountains. I counted over 100 one night.

Someday, this will be my full time residence. (As soon as I can stand being away from my brothers kids!)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1110.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	827.6 KB
ID:	577518Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1111.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	726.3 KB
ID:	577519Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1112.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	673.1 KB
ID:	577520

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Bad a!!!!

• N227GB
    replied
    Coincidence here. Google Photos does a "remember the day" for my travel photos. Exactly three years ago today I was in Cleveland and saw these guys by my hotel. Funny thing, but this was in a very devloped area.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    I do not but I am having elk burgers Friday night. My buddy has a ranch where the elk roam and he gets a couple tags a year. Love me some elk.

• Mudbeaver
    commented on 's reply
    Attjack do you elk hunt?

• bardsleyque
    replied
    In my old neighborhood the deer would eat up the garden,like overgrown rabbits!Our new place is more in town,not so many deer but a fairly large elk herd about two miles away.I'll try to get some pics soon.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Thanx. That feeder is one I made, and the dome is to protect the seed. It's fun to watch birds try to figure out they can't fly through the dome.

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    The Whitetails in this area are not particularly large, though there is an occasional large rack to be found. Several years ago I spent about 3 months tying to get a photo of a monster 14 point, but had no luck.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Cool Beans, glad to hear it, amigo!
    Don't yall out there plant gardens fer em to destroy, an th like, though?
    Main, them's some skinny deers, or either yall jus got different deers runnin round those parts...

• Spacecase
    replied
    Is the dome over the platform feeder on the left designed to keep bigger birds off or to deflect the rain? Also, that is a great picture of the doe and the fawn.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}