Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Smoking Calculator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat Smoking Calculator

Has anyone checked this site out? I was looking for something to get a rough timeline to plan out some cooks. This seems to be much more specific than I was trying to find, but I think it works. It's a shame it doesn't let you set your own desired temperature. Other than weight being not much a factor as thickness, anybody have other critiques before I put this site in my toolbox?

Looks promising... also it might be 'in a perfect' world kind of thing, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt144 View Post
      Has anyone checked this site out? I was looking for something to get a rough timeline to plan out some cooks. This seems to be much more specific than I was trying to find, but I think it works. It's a shame it doesn't let you set your own desired temperature. Other than weight being not much a factor as thickness, anybody have other critiques before I put this site in my toolbox?
      Off topic, but I was looking at your signature, Can you post some pictures of your Terra-cotta smoker in action? I love the paint job, I bet it looks awesome when the smoke is rolling.
      Nice work!

Comment

• Matt144
        Matt144 commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually, the terra cotta smoker is on hiatus. It started with a small crack, and slowly spiderwebbed after each use. It probably had to do with a sudden change of temperature, since terra cotta should be able to handle high heat. I will need to purchase a new bottom piece, but first I need to figure out how I can prevent that from happening again. For now, the WSM is doing all the work.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        oh man!! Every cooker has it weak point.

Wish I had thought of that idea. He'll make a killing.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis