Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you in the path of the "historic" East Coast/New England-area winter storm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ptrbve
    replied
    Official total for Worcester is 34.5 inches. A new record for here!

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    replied
    whew... lots of snow!

Leave a comment:

• carolts
    replied
    25" of snow in Nahant, MA. Wind gusts here on the coast were pretty impressive at 30 - 40mph. Digging out today.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    I'm in philly and totally bummed by the lack of anything. City shut down yesterday. NOTHING was open. It's disapointing.

Leave a comment:

• Ptrbve
    replied
    We got about 25" in Worcester, Ma.

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    replied
    So.... did that 'historic' storm ever happen (I have not been listening to any news) ????

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I tell my wife the only thing I wont smoke in is a polka dot bikini. Her on the other hand... (then I get an eyeroll)

• Huskee
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve R View Post
    In Attleboro, MA which is about 15 minutes north-east of Providence, RI. If you listen to the TV and radio best get all ya cookin in tonight cause the world is coming to an end tomorrow :>) But as they say , we'll see in the am. Here's what it looks like right now, that's off my back porch, moved the COS closer to the house in case I want to try some Blizzard BBQ or BBBQ . Supposed to get at least 24" all that white stuff streaking through the pic is snow....
    Awesome Steve! BBBQ I love it!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    There's a huge expense when snow falls like that, road crews, emergency responders, police, and the sensationalizing may not be entirely warranted but it does sell. It does good in that it makes people prepare, which is good for the families out there, but also causes the Home Depots, gas stations, and grocery stores to get a sudden boom in business. "Everyone" benefits.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I remember as a kid in MI getting snowfalls like that, and when it means no school, and the fact that we had 2 snowmobiles growing up, it was AWESOME! The last 15 years+ we get excited if they're calling for 8-10". Sadly most of our snowfalls are just 1-3" every few days. Enough to make the roads slippery and make you wipe off your car, but hardly exciting. West coast of MI gets the lake effect, and they get pummeled.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Stay safe Carol! It sounds like you have your priorities in order, all the necessities! Are you in the 24-36" zone? Keep that path shoveled to the Primo & PBC!! Can't wait to see your pics.

• BBQRapper
    replied
    In Attleboro, MA which is about 15 minutes north-east of Providence, RI. If you listen to the TV and radio best get all ya cookin in tonight cause the world is coming to an end tomorrow :>) But as they say , we'll see in the am. Here's what it looks like right now, that's off my back porch, moved the COS closer to the house in case I want to try some Blizzard BBQ or BBBQ . Supposed to get at least 24" all that white stuff streaking through the pic is snow....

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    No because they want to sell ratings. Notice how now they are naming winter storms. Like a storm that dumps 3 inches is worth naming. The Weather Channel is a Joke.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Please do, We are missing our snow in Minnesota!!

• Smokedstanley
    replied
    I will be smoking tomorrow about 30 minutes south of boston. Going to do a nice breakfast fatty in the morning and then some beefback ribs for dinner. My wife told me that I am like the postman and asked if there is anything I won't smoke in. My thinking is that if I don't have to go to work tomorrow I might as well smoke between blowing snow. I will definitely get a couple pics.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis