Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you in the path of the "historic" East Coast/New England-area winter storm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you in the path of the "historic" East Coast/New England-area winter storm?

Please stay smart & safe, first & foremost.

But if you can catch some pics of the "fun", post them! If you are smoking/grilling in it, post your hardcore griller pics in our Inclement Weather thread! You will get bonus points!

YES!!! Love this thread. I'd love to see some pics of that. My brother lives in the concrete jungle (Manhattan). I'm waiting on pics from him too!!

Comment

I am. I'm in Manhattan right now. There is not much snow and nothing to show. Tomorrow is supposed to be the bad day and I will be staying home.

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am actually getting out of town now while the getting is good. I have heard that there may be some issues as I go across New Jersey.

JUST missing it. Snowing in Northern VA, sticking in the grassy area but the roads are fine. DURN!
      Last year I started a tradition of grilling just before, during or just after snowstorms. Got one in early this year. Flank steak, tenderloin for #1 and NY strip for me. Apologies for the bad pic, but all I have. Was VERY windy, and I had trouble keeping my kettle temp up - first time I;ve had that problem. Click image for larger version

Name:	012415 cook.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	56861

Comment

Just started up the "Blizzard BBQ" in the PBC -- two chickens and a rack of ribs. Not only do I live just north of Boston but we're on the "island" of Nahant, connected to the mainland by a causeway. We're not expecting the heavy stuff until the overnight, but they're closing the state roads later tonight. I've got food, water, beer, snacks, oil lamps and a butane burner (from the boat), plenty of charcoal for both the Primo and PBC, a Weber gasser, and a propane lobster pot/turkey fryer. I'll get a pic once it really starts to snow.

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Please do, We are missing our snow in Minnesota!!

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Stay safe Carol! It sounds like you have your priorities in order, all the necessities! Are you in the 24-36" zone? Keep that path shoveled to the Primo & PBC!! Can't wait to see your pics.

North and east of me, we have a couple of inches, supposed to get a couple more tonight. You would think it was the end of the world? Learn how to drive on snow people...

Comment

We're expecting 18" to 24", with the possibility of more if it stalls. Classic winter Nor'easter. High winds, coastal flooding...we know the drill.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            I remember as a kid in MI getting snowfalls like that, and when it means no school, and the fact that we had 2 snowmobiles growing up, it was AWESOME! The last 15 years+ we get excited if they're calling for 8-10". Sadly most of our snowfalls are just 1-3" every few days. Enough to make the roads slippery and make you wipe off your car, but hardly exciting. West coast of MI gets the lake effect, and they get pummeled.

Our forecast - about 30 miles west of Philly - went from 14-24" to 8-12" to 4-8" and now I'll be surprised if we get the 4". We often seem to be the line between storm and flurries. Still, I started my pork shoulder picnic about noon today and it's going strong in the light snow.

Comment

• smarkley
            smarkley commented
            Editing a comment
            Did the media create the 'historic' storm because it is a slow news day?

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            No because they want to sell ratings. Notice how now they are naming winter storms. Like a storm that dumps 3 inches is worth naming. The Weather Channel is a Joke.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            There's a huge expense when snow falls like that, road crews, emergency responders, police, and the sensationalizing may not be entirely warranted but it does sell. It does good in that it makes people prepare, which is good for the families out there, but also causes the Home Depots, gas stations, and grocery stores to get a sudden boom in business. "Everyone" benefits.

I will be smoking tomorrow about 30 minutes south of boston. Going to do a nice breakfast fatty in the morning and then some beefback ribs for dinner. My wife told me that I am like the postman and asked if there is anything I won't smoke in. My thinking is that if I don't have to go to work tomorrow I might as well smoke between blowing snow. I will definitely get a couple pics.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            I tell my wife the only thing I wont smoke in is a polka dot bikini. Her on the other hand... (then I get an eyeroll)

In Attleboro, MA which is about 15 minutes north-east of Providence, RI. If you listen to the TV and radio best get all ya cookin in tonight cause the world is coming to an end tomorrow :>) But as they say , we'll see in the am. Here's what it looks like right now, that's off my back porch, moved the COS closer to the house in case I want to try some Blizzard BBQ or BBBQ . Supposed to get at least 24" all that white stuff streaking through the pic is snow....

Comment

Originally posted by Steve R View Post
            In Attleboro, MA which is about 15 minutes north-east of Providence, RI. If you listen to the TV and radio best get all ya cookin in tonight cause the world is coming to an end tomorrow :>) But as they say , we'll see in the am. Here's what it looks like right now, that's off my back porch, moved the COS closer to the house in case I want to try some Blizzard BBQ or BBBQ . Supposed to get at least 24" all that white stuff streaking through the pic is snow....
            Awesome Steve! BBBQ I love it!

Comment

So.... did that 'historic' storm ever happen (I have not been listening to any news) ????

Comment

We got about 25" in Worcester, Ma.

Comment

I'm in philly and totally bummed by the lack of anything. City shut down yesterday. NOTHING was open. It's disapointing.

Comment

25" of snow in Nahant, MA. Wind gusts here on the coast were pretty impressive at 30 - 40mph. Digging out today.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    Rubs Promo
                    Meat-Up in Memphis