Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Milwaukee trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milwaukee trip

Does anyone know of any good BBQ Places in Milwaukee? Heading there in 2 weeks.

I think Pit Boss went there a month or two ago, let's see what he recommends.....

[cups hands to mouth]

HEY PIT BOSS, C'MERE!

Comment

I tried Speed Queen on West Walnut street, one of those hole in the wall that everybody in the city talks about. I was disappointed.
      Smoke shack, North Milwaukee street is ok, just ok.

Comment

Got the following recommendations from a local

Double B’s - 7420 West Greenfield Ave Milwaukee WI 53214 - (414) 257-9150 (Tues – Thu (3 -10)
        Saz’s State House - 5539 West State St Milwaukee, WI 53208 53208 –(414)453-2410 (11 – 11)
        Maxie’s Southern Comfort - 6732 W Fairview Ave Milwaukee, WI 53213 –(414) 292-3969 (4 -10)

SO I will attempt to get to all three and post the results

Comment

If you want to try something new, check out Irie Palace on 7506 West Appleton Avenue. It is Caribbean food.
          I've been to Milawaukee waaaaaaay too many times I'd be alright if I never go back there ever again.

Comment

Got that Ernest, this is my third trip and mostly we get taken to the local fast food places in West Allis, where the company I work for has one of its training facilities. Last time out however we went to a great German restaurant which was alright, but I usually try to hit the BBQ places (which is no issue when I have training at the Texas facility) so I'm hoping to persuade people to try a few places around West Allis when I'm out this time.

Comment

Yeah Milwaukee food scene is nonexistent.

Comment

Ok Saz's State House isn't worth the gas to get to it and Maxie's was only a little better, big winner is Double B's IT IS THE REAL DEAL!!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                Rubs Promo
                Meat-Up in Memphis