Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAD software for noobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Jon that's a great tip. Built in Weber Kettle models will be very useful. And Kickstarter is not a bad idea at all!

• Ray
    commented on 's reply
    I'll take one of those, Huskee. That's a real practical product!!!

• Jon Solberg
    commented on 's reply
    and it has Weber kettle models in there so you have a good start.

edit: oh and I'm all over your Kickstart when you launch.
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; January 25, 2015, 04:19 PM.

• Strat50
    commented on 's reply
    There is a learning curve with all CAD stuff, as I'm sure you're aware. Try Google Sketchup. It's free, will give you the measuring capabilities you need, and it's not too difficult to learn.

• David Parrish
    replied
    Thanks for all the info thus far.

I want to blueprint an accessory that will go inside a standard kettle. It will be made of plates of metal.

Leave a comment:

• Strat50
    commented on 's reply
    I can draw that! If I can draw out a brewing setup that uses the waste heat from my bbq, washes the dishes, drives away the sketchy neighbors, AND cleans the moose poop from the yard, I can draw Pit Boss's rig.

• Huskee
    replied
    I think Pit Boss has plans to engineer an PID-automated stickburning offset kamado with a beer tap, Kuerig coffee brewer and wine rack built in, with 8 wireless & waterproof radio & WiFi thermometer probes and heat-proof cooker cam with see-through-smoke vision.

Yep, that's what I think.

Leave a comment:

• Strat50
    replied
    I have training on Autocad and Revit. Google sketch up is good. So is Turbocad. Let me know if I can help. Not knowing what you are drawing makes it difficult to help you find a solution that meets your needs.

Leave a comment:

• mgaretz
    replied
    Tinkercad.com

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Cool, now I know what CAD stands for.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Have you looked at Stetchup? Its pretty sweet. Its modeling software but its pretty flexible.

http://www.sketchup.com/?gclid=CjwKE...00dBoC_nLw_wcB
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; January 24, 2015, 04:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    started a topic CAD software for noobs

CAD software for noobs

Anyone have a recommendation for a noobie level Computer Aided Design program? I've got an idea I want to change into a schematic. It's not complex but the dimensions are important so I want something like a CAD program so I can be precise.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis