Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

To our Hawaiian members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gcdmd
    Charter Member
    • Sep 2014
    • The Republic of Texas

@Dale Case It's good to know you're doing well. Ironically, yesterday was the anniversary of Hurricane Harvey hitting our neck of the woods.. A hurricane is not just an event, it's a game changer that can take a community as long as ten years or more to recover from.

Last night I saw a cell phone video of a raging torrent in a creek in or near Hilo. The reporter said that that creek usually doesn't even have flowing water.

Stay safe, brudda.
    Last edited by gcdmd; August 26, 2018, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Dale Case
      Dale Case commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank You Sir !! I believe Harvey dropped even more water than Lane did. Horrible times for all affected for sure..
  • grantgallagher
    Club Member
    • Feb 2018
    • NJ

I just read there was 3 feet of rain in some places and a lot of landslides. Hope everyone is well.

Comment

• Dale Case
      Dale Case commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, over 3' above Hilo and over 24" around Hilo. The worst part is the steep slopes above town, and the water really gets raging downhill through town..
  • Buck Flicks
    Club Member
    • Jul 2017
    • Dee Eff Dub, TX

Please have everything cleaned up and squared away when my wife and I arrive for our 5th anniversary in 3 weeks. Oahu first, then Big Island, then Maui.

Comment

• Dale Case
      Dale Case commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear Oahu has a great 3 hour boat tour you should take while you are there !!

• Buck Flicks
      Buck Flicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds fantastic! I'll make sure and pack a trunk full of a month's worth of clothes.
  • Donw
    Club Member
    • Jul 2017

My hat is off to the Maui County fire department for fighting the brush fires during the storm. 21 homes were lost or damaged, but they saved so many more. Click image for larger version

Name:	D6DC1D11-C160-439C-9577-EA50B9145E47.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	557053

Comment

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
    See more
    See less
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}