Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I may be crazy.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoney
    replied
    I'm also in west Florida, and it seems at least around the Destin area, packer briskets are near impossible to find. Sam's and walmart just had flats. Had to go over to Panama City to find a packer. The Sam's there had 3 and they didn't look the best. Wish there was a dedicated butcher shop near here, but I've yet to find one.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    You should just go for prime. You results will be better with better meat!! The cooking precess is not any different in my opinion. And the results are much better.

• FLBuckeye
    replied
    We used a SRF brisket at the Plant City Pig Jam and got a second place in the backyard division. The brisket was tremendous!!!

Leave a comment:

• Deuce
    commented on 's reply
    I did sign up for the e-mails CandySue, thanks

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    I check the wal-mart brisket bin almost daily. I have found at least 3 Choice in the last year that would compete with any upper Choice and/or Prime. Loaded with fat, thick, not too long. Two of 'em got wet-aged for almost 40 days. I still see those briskets in my dreams, and my wife still talks about them. They were THAT GOOD.

Leave a comment:

• CandySueQ
    replied
    Normally, I'd be at the contest in Pensacola in March. Date was changed and I can't make it this year. You have Publix. Their pork is generally pretty good. Sam's/Walmart sometimes have decent brisket, just not all the time. I check anytime I'm in one! Good meat at a reasonable price is a problem everywhere! You have Joe Patti, why do you need land meat??? I'll let you know if/when I'm down your way.

Leave a comment:

• Guy
    replied
    Candy Sue I read Meatheads article about meeting you and if you are ever down closet to Northwest Florida and need a gofer let me know. I am really good at following directions. Especially if I know that I know less than you and I surely do.

Guy

Leave a comment:

• Guy
    replied
    Thanks for that Candy Sue. I have a terrible time getting good meat at a reasonable price here in Northwest Florida.

Leave a comment:

• CandySueQ
    replied
    Be sure to sign up to get e-mails from Annella at Snake River Farms. Frequently, SRF offers discounts and those discounts really help to save. My last brisket order was for 4 Gold briskets (11-14 pounders) and because it's cold, they shipped it ground for $10. Briskets were frozen solid when they arrived. I've been considering another freezer to get me through the competition year!

Leave a comment:

• Guy
    replied
    Well guys I married my second wife 4 years ago this February. She was a widow whose husband died unexpectedly. She went to work one day and got a call about 9:00 that morning to come home. Her husband had a respiratory disease (but could have lived a long time with care) and had sat down that morning to get a little oxygen from his oxygen pump. He fell asleep and the power went out. Long story short he died in the floor. She is always telling me you only live once and you could go in the twinkle of an eye. So if possible live now and do it now. Just saying........ get some Wagyu and Kobe.

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Sounds awesome, though I did a dozen briskets this year, i'm still not satisfied enough with the results to try even Prime. I think I could do the pork though.

Leave a comment:

• Papa Bob
    commented on 's reply
    I thought it was YAWYE, YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT

• Papa Bob
    replied
    can I come over I will help clean up and will sleep at the end of the bed

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    replied
    Way to go, Deuce! You're worth it! (that's what I keep telling myself when buying expensive things...). Life's too short. Looking forward to the grilling stories and pictures!

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Wow, Enjoy!! I look forward to your report and critique. With pics.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis