Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I may be crazy.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that Candy Sue. I have a terrible time getting good meat at a reasonable price here in Northwest Florida.

Comment

Candy Sue I read Meatheads article about meeting you and if you are ever down closet to Northwest Florida and need a gofer let me know. I am really good at following directions. Especially if I know that I know less than you and I surely do.

Guy

Comment

Normally, I'd be at the contest in Pensacola in March. Date was changed and I can't make it this year. You have Publix. Their pork is generally pretty good. Sam's/Walmart sometimes have decent brisket, just not all the time. I check anytime I'm in one! Good meat at a reasonable price is a problem everywhere! You have Joe Patti, why do you need land meat??? I'll let you know if/when I'm down your way.

Comment

I check the wal-mart brisket bin almost daily. I have found at least 3 Choice in the last year that would compete with any upper Choice and/or Prime. Loaded with fat, thick, not too long. Two of 'em got wet-aged for almost 40 days. I still see those briskets in my dreams, and my wife still talks about them. They were THAT GOOD.

Comment

We used a SRF brisket at the Plant City Pig Jam and got a second place in the backyard division. The brisket was tremendous!!!

Comment

I'm also in west Florida, and it seems at least around the Destin area, packer briskets are near impossible to find. Sam's and walmart just had flats. Had to go over to Panama City to find a packer. The Sam's there had 3 and they didn't look the best. Wish there was a dedicated butcher shop near here, but I've yet to find one.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis