Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I may be crazy.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may be crazy.......

But I just made an order from Snake River Farms. Due to some retirement money being released I have been able to pay off some bills, buy my Kamado, and have a good bit left over. Otherwise I would hardly be doing this. After reading Meathead's article on great food from great Artisans I've decided to take his good advice yet once again. I will not die before eating Wagyu lol. I've ordered a Wagyu brisket, two Ameriican Kobe Tri Tips ( since Tri Tip has been on my PBC bucket list and I can't get it locally) , A Kurobuta Pork collar to make pork chops from, and two Kurobuta spare rib racks. I doubt the cost could ever be justified, but you only live once right ? Anyway looking forward to it coming in next Friday.

Absolutely! I always wished I could do that, make a big order of some good Wagyu w/o feeling buyer's remorse. More power to you my friend! Just promise us you'll share some bragging pictures.

Comment

Keep us posted with pics Deuce

Comment

I will definitely do that on those cooks

Comment

I just wish I can find beef back ribs

Comment

Our local Kroger Grocery has recently started carrying beef back ribs. I've cooked them a couple of times.

Comment

YOLO but YEWYC (You eat what you cook) So go for it. And post pics!

Comment

• Papa Bob
                Papa Bob commented
                Editing a comment
                I thought it was YAWYE, YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT

Sounds awesome. I wish I could do that. Maybe someday.

Comment

Very nice order Deuce. Can't wait to see how all of that turns out

Comment

Wow, Enjoy!! I look forward to your report and critique. With pics.

Comment

Way to go, Deuce! You're worth it! (that's what I keep telling myself when buying expensive things...). Life's too short. Looking forward to the grilling stories and pictures!

Comment

can I come over I will help clean up and will sleep at the end of the bed

Comment

Sounds awesome, though I did a dozen briskets this year, i'm still not satisfied enough with the results to try even Prime. I think I could do the pork though.

Comment

• Spinaker
                          Spinaker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You should just go for prime. You results will be better with better meat!! The cooking precess is not any different in my opinion. And the results are much better.

Well guys I married my second wife 4 years ago this February. She was a widow whose husband died unexpectedly. She went to work one day and got a call about 9:00 that morning to come home. Her husband had a respiratory disease (but could have lived a long time with care) and had sat down that morning to get a little oxygen from his oxygen pump. He fell asleep and the power went out. Long story short he died in the floor. She is always telling me you only live once and you could go in the twinkle of an eye. So if possible live now and do it now. Just saying........ get some Wagyu and Kobe.

Comment

Be sure to sign up to get e-mails from Annella at Snake River Farms. Frequently, SRF offers discounts and those discounts really help to save. My last brisket order was for 4 Gold briskets (11-14 pounders) and because it's cold, they shipped it ground for $10. Briskets were frozen solid when they arrived. I've been considering another freezer to get me through the competition year!

Comment

• Deuce
                            Deuce commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I did sign up for the e-mails CandySue, thanks

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        Rubs Promo
                        Meat-Up in Memphis