Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The future of BBQ is secure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The future of BBQ is secure

I was cutting up a tenderloin and pork shoulder early this morning and wanted some coffee, so I made some and drank it while cutting, carefully holding nowhere near the lip! My 5 year old daughter was watching and when my wife came in and saw the cup she said "nasty, you have blood all over your cup", 5 year old didn't miss a beat and without even looking up just said its not blood mom.
    She knows rubs and helps me put them on (she prefers oil to mustard) and she knows by looking the difference between butts, ribs, picnics and can tell beef from pork. She wants to be a chef when she grows up and own a restaurant, she said she will own it and I will cook for her, BBQ and pizza joint.

Just thought I'd share, almost everything I know I learned here and she is picking it up right along with me.

That's cool! My oldest son's the same way (8 yrs old). He knows what the stall is, what a faux cambro is (and what faux means), and that pork butts aren't really the butt, etc etc etc. Makes us proud as dads.

Comment

My kid just says... 'Where is it??? or Is it ready yet???' she is 30 to I don't expect much... but my grand daughter is VERY interested in my ribs and rib cooking... she likes to help old grandpa when she is around. In this pic she has sauce from head to toe and loved it.... we just hosed her down afterward... she thought that was fun too!

Click image for larger version

Name:	nannaEatingRibs.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	51698

Comment

• Ray
        Ray commented
        Editing a comment
        What a great pic!!! Nice shot, Steve.

She is tearing that up, BBQ sauce or ketchup is the same to my 2 year old, she will cover herself head to toe. Good to have a helper around. My wife, and most people don't believe this, has screwed up instant potatoes.

Comment

I work with food inspectors that think it's blood, upper level inspectors.....

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          That is surprising! Did not they go to college, undoubtedly take at least ONE A&P class or at least basic Bio in pursuit of their degree? How many times when you cut yourself does pink water come out? SMH...

Awesome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        Rubs Promo
        Meat-Up in Memphis