Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess beef prices are officially too high.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess beef prices are officially too high.

Crazy article about a man stealing $2,000 worth of brisket from 19 HEB stores.

It also mentions the governor having a party with 8,000 pounds of brisket, that's not helping anything.
    Last edited by _John_; January 7, 2015, 08:23 PM. Reason: Store $2,000 not 2,000 pounds

$3.45/lb is expensive? It's $8-9 where I live. I can't even get ground beef for $3.45/lb when it's on sale.

Comment

Brisket was $1.98/lb last week, $3.28/lb now. Other places in town were higher than that, maybe wolly world was hanging low until after the first.

Apparently not enough cities are having "Meatless Mondays."

Comment

$1.98 Brisket! I could do some serious practicing on that!

Comment

I just got back from shopping. 4.39 a pound for brisket(packers), but it was disappearing fast. However, I got a whole top sirloin primal for 4.49. 85-15 ground beef was 3.99. Not bad prices for the Mat-Su Valley.

Comment

I saw choice brisket for $12.99 a lb last week. It was cheaper to buy steak, so I did!

Comment

I am not saying that the price of beef is high, but, I did see they were offering 72 month interest free financing on larger beef purchases...

It is humor folks...

Comment

I buy lots o' chicken! I don't need to submit income statements to the bank when buying chicken. It's just a little easier this way...

Comment

• Dewesq55
                  Dewesq55 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Me, too, Huskee. Love the bird and so affordable, especially dark meat.

$3.49 / lb at Sam's here in N. Charleston.

Still $7.99+ / lb at Publix - more expensive than CAB top sirloin.

Comment

The prices are all over the place here. 1.98-3.29, depending on what week it is. But select briskets rarely climb to far over the 2 dollar mark.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                    Jerod Broussard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Here in town all the Selects are over $3/lb. Every so often a Choice will show up in the bin, more often at Wal-Mart than the other 2 grocers. The boxes say, "Select Grade or Higher." "or Higher" does not occur a whole lot.

Use the money you are saving at the gas pump to buy brisket, butts and ribs... Problem solved.

Comment

• smarkley
                    smarkley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I could buy 1 packer for every fill up... great idea!

Son-in-Law raises South Dakota beef. He is doing well. Nice to know the grandkids are being taken care of.

Comment

I was at Wally World today and they had a 14 lb. brisket for $54. Isn't that around $3.87 lb.?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeh, that's about what it is. I haven't gone by the bin in a couple days. I stay away once it gets over $3.00/lb.

Hey JB are briskets cheaper in northern Texas like around Dallas or Amarillo then they are in southern Texas? If they are then I will stop and pick up 5-6 on my way home. I have a good size fridge in the truck.
                    Last edited by DWCowles; January 10, 2015, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                      Editing a comment
                      NO idea. I was in Dallas Thursday, only stop was the Children's Ambulatory Building to see a Gastro doctor from India. I asked her about clarified butter.

I guess they don't like points here. Packer is 3.98 a pound, flat is 6.98. The packer has a lot of fat and the deckle is on but that doesn't justify the price difference to me.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    Rubs Promo
                    Meat-Up in Memphis